Jews Finally Waking UP?

Hundreds of Jewish people in America have rushed to undertake training to learn how to shoot, after an attack on a synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA on October 27 that killed 11 people. A private company offering "Israeli tactical shooting techniques" has been inundated with hundreds of requests in the days following the shooting.

"There is no question that Jews are under threat in America. Would you say to soldiers on the front line, 'just lay down your guns and let the enemy kill you?' No. So Jews need to be armed," said Yonatan Stern, the founder of Cherev Gidon Israeli Tactical Training Academy, which offers classes in Pennsylvania and Arizona. Stern, a former officer of the Israel Defense Forces, created the academy six years ago, predicting, he says, that there would be attacks on the Jewish community in the United States.

The shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh was the deadliest attack on Jews in America’s history. Stern says that his organisation has received more requests for training from Jews in the days since the attack than in the entire time the academy has been running.After Pittsburgh attack, course offers gun training against shooters in synagogues

Good. It's unfortunate in that they started to become complacent in the mentality that it wouldn't happen in America. Nothing and nowhere is safe and their brethren in Israel has known this from day one. Time for them to take a page out of Israel's playbook. Time for all of America to realize this is a war and unfortunately a religious one at that.

My family is split Jew and non practicing religion . The Jews in my family are very Anti gun period. The others , most DGAF either way they don’t own guns or plan to own guns so they don’t care

Sadly, they're still sleeping heads buried deep in the sand. The temple I used to belong to runs a fundraising "auction" every year. I offered a "package" of a day at the range, including firearms, ammo, targets, etc. Anything and everything from 22 revolver through 44mag, 22 rifle through AR/AK and shotguns. 4 hours of everything from basic safety on up.

Citing a congregation member whose grandchild attended Parkland (a survivor thankfully) and the temple shooting in Pittsburg, they declined my offer "out of respect..."

Parkland and Tree of Life are EXACTLY why they should have accepted. Disappointed? Hugely. Surprised? Sadly no.

My family is split Jew and non practicing religion . The Jews in my family are very Anti gun period. The others , most DGAF either way they don’t own guns or plan to own guns so they don’t care

sounds like they need a trip to EU to visit places where people with guns did as they pleased.

I big portion of Passover is about how much things sucked and matza is symbolic of shitty times of exodus. I don't see why Jews can't dedicate a day or two observing victims of faith and learning various lessons as well. Go to the gun range, spin a dradle ... I mean 7.62x54r round to determine who is shooting Uzi in honor of uncle Yakov who fought the Nazis or aunt Rosa who was killed in a camp. At least kids will start asking the right questions and drawing their conclusions.

Around Thnxgiving time, past few years in the row my mother always brought up the Holodomor that took lives of many of my family members. We had a nice question/answer with my kid about the role of goverment every time.

Seems to me Jews are like liberals as far as firearms and self defense, they expect the govt. to protect them and then play the victim card when that fails. I spend Thanksgiving in West Hartford at GF's nieces house. She married a Jewish guy and converted but they're not observant. Hubby's parents grew up in Brooklyn in the 40's/50's and are a retired Dentist and Real Estate agent, big bucks. They're big liberals who hate Trump and he blurted out last year that anyone who voted for Trump is stupid. I get along with him because he was drafted after Dental school and spent 2 yrs at FT.Devens in the mid 60's and I spent time in the Army. Should be a fun turkey day, I'm going to show him pictures of my new Jewish rifle, the Tavor X95. Should be a big hit. NOT!

Seems to me Jews are like liberals as far as firearms and self defense, they expect the govt. to protect them and then play the victim card when that fails. I spend Thanksgiving in West Hartford at GF's nieces house. She married a Jewish guy and converted but they're not observant. Hubby's parents grew up in Brooklyn in the 40's/50's and are a retired Dentist and Real Estate agent, big bucks. They're big liberals who hate Trump and he blurted out last year that anyone who voted for Trump is stupid. I get along with him because he was drafted after Dental school and spent 2 yrs at FT.Devens in the mid 60's and I spent time in the Army. Should be a fun turkey day, I'm going to show him pictures of my new Jewish rifle, the Tavor X95. Should be a big hit. NOT!

That's a broad brush you're painting with when you say that "Jews are like liberals..."

Not the Jews that live in Israel.
Not some of the Jews that I know.
Not some of the Jews that are on this forum.

The Jews on this forum are might be more accurately defined as conservative gun owners, (right-wing gun nuts).

That's a broad brush you're painting with when you say that "Jews are like liberals..."

Not the Jews that live in Israel.
Not some of the Jews that I know.
Not some of the Jews that are on this forum.

The Jews on this forum are might be more accurately defined as conservative gun owners, (right-wing gun nuts).
I should have stated American/West European Jews are overwhelmingly far left and anti-gun. Please look at the voting patterns of heavily Jewish districts/Precincts. Obviously Israeli's are not but there is a growing resistance among the young about serving their mandatory 2 yrs in the IDF I have read. .

Why does anyone 'hate' Jewish people, anyway? What did they ever do to anyone to deserve e.g. Hitler's Nazis, or White Supremacist a-holes like in Pennsylvania? In particular, in the USA, I can't imagine anyone feeling 'wronged' by Jewish people.

I'm sure there's a lot of history there, but if anyone has a Cliff's Notes version, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
The Cliff notes are that 1) many Jewish people have been successful and some who haven’t been successful become jealous and 2) they are different. It is always easier to paint a group of people who are different as the enemy. Think about WWII and how US propaganda painted German and Japanese soldiers.

Why does anyone 'hate' Jewish people, anyway? What did they ever do to anyone to deserve e.g. Hitler's Nazis, or White Supremacist a-holes like in Pennsylvania? In particular, in the USA, I can't imagine anyone feeling 'wronged' by Jewish people.

I'm sure there's a lot of history there, but if anyone has a Cliff's Notes version, I'd appreciate it.
competing religions, jealousy, land, holy sites, goes way back to biblical times. In Medieval Europe I read Kings only trusted Jews with their finances, tax collections, etc. After that many Jews were successful bankers and businessmen so they got the reputation as being cheap money grubbers.

In general, people dislike/fear/hate "other". No logic to it. Think Hutu/Tutsi, Protestant/Catholic, Shia/Sunni, the caste system in India, the list goes on and on.

There's an old Star Trek episode where the black/white guy is chasing the white/black guy through the galaxy. They're both spilt black and white side to side on opposite sides, kinda like the old bakery cookies.

When "other" has practices that you don't understand, or WANT to understand, it's easy to make them scapegoats. I grew up in middle class suburbia in NJ, fairly decent not terribly anti-semitic or racist area outside Princeton. Most families Dad worked, Mom didn't or just part time. So generally educated, above average, blah blah blah. Can't begin to count how many times I got asked where my horns were.

Being surprised that a low education, low income, low information group of people gets manipulated by leaders who derive power from mobs is silly. A well spoken demagogue can almost always manipulate a group with that demographic.

Why do Jews tend to suck for .gov will protect me if I give them power? Truly, I have no idea. Down through the ages "we" have been vilified, oppressed, and killed indiscriminately, yet we continue to fail to learn our lesson.

There's a toast: "They tried to kill us, they're dead, let's eat" that sort of sums it up. Kinda fatalistic. I think it SHOULD be "They f***ed with us, we f***ed back HARD. They're dead. Gonna be a while before anybody else tries."

Last edited:

I don't know how Jewish he really is, many simply don't care one way or the other, may be start the conversation with the history of Israel, the founding and wars that followed.

The Cliff notes are that 1) many Jewish people have been successful and some who haven’t been successful become jealous and 2) they are different. It is always easier to paint a group of people who are different as the enemy. Think about WWII and how US propaganda painted German and Japanese soldiers.

Really? That's the politically correct version but it's profoundly untrue. Jews collectively and individually have been extremely powerful actors on the world stage for centuries and the idea that Jews are somehow always just innocent bystanders is absurd.

If I were to pick just one example of this it is the USA only entered the First World War at the lobbying of European Zionists who got the British Government to commit to supporting the creation of Israel in territory it controlled - Palestine - as a quid pro quo for getting the USA into the war. Now all Jews are not Zionists and all Zionists are not Jews but that is nevertheless how it happened. The Balfour Declaration was one of the primary drivers that created Hitler the anti-semitic monster.

As an atheist gentile I'd have more respect for a Jewish position that said we're here, we have our own legitimate interests and they often conflict with yours so suck it.

Also, the USA is probably the safest place in the world for Jews despite the recent Synagogue attack. There is very little genuine anti-semitism here.

Last edited:
I don't get why the world hates the Jewish people. I just don't. Having worked with them, having friends, etc... They're some of the hardest working and moral people I know... I don't get why they all vote Democrat either though....

One thing about antisemites... They all hate Jews.... until they need a good lawyer or accountant.

I don't get why the world hates the Jewish people. I just don't. Having worked with them, having friends, etc... They're some of the hardest working and moral people I know... I don't get why they all vote Democrat either though....

One thing about antisemites... They all hate Jews.... until they need a good lawyer or accountant.

I don't hate anyone, but the Jews - at least in the U.S. are largely sheep, though some are capable of having independent thought in support of Israel. Sadly, they aren't the majority.

OK, I'll risk another banning, it's almost time. It's ridiculous to talk about "Jews" as within the Jewish religion there is an enormous range of political beliefs and ethnicities. My best friend who lived most of his life in Israel is a Georgian (the country, not the state) Jew, he is 0% Ashkenazi. In his apartment building in Israel there were Jews from four or five different countries and about the only thing they had in common was they were Jewish. Otherwise different languages, different skin colors, different cultural practices outside Judaism. My friend also told me there is a lot of low level, mafia type organized crime in Israel, protection rackets, etc., something else we don't hear about.

I also have several Jewish customers who are impeccable honest business people. Years ago I was talking to one of them (on Long Island) and I think he forgot I am a gentile as he said to me unprompted about a competitor of his (in New Jersey), "Steve's the kind of Jew who gives the rest of us a bad name."

So there it is, diversity of ethnicity, belief and behavior within a religion with a few bad apples living up to the stereotype. You'll find the exact same thing in all ethnicities.

Back
Top Bottom