• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jerry Miculek - never do this with a revolver

OMG those shelves. I thought this was a new series of hoarders that I could really get interested in watching. I also want a shirt like his.

I have that revolver. Haven't shot it since the July 4th shoot at Shirley a long, long time ago. Smooth as silk.

Great video. Made me stop and think about how I treat my revolvers. Most of what he said is (I think) common sense. But there were some things he showed which I need to pick up one of my guns and make sure that I am doing correctly.

Last edited:
He left out - never dry fire a 617. Sends the firing pin into the cylinder.

Not disagreeing, but as a rule of thumb, I don't dryfire any rimfires. I know that there are some that the manufacturer says explicitly that it's okay to dryfire but I don't trust myself to remember which ones it's okay on and which ones it isn't.

Great video, and makes me laugh at myself for doing something dumb when I was much younger.

In the 80's I was given a 6" 686 as a gift. I shot it for the first time at the local state run range. Main RSO was a retired Marine Gunny with a reputation for being verbally brutal and sending shooters packing. Think R. Lee Ermey on steroids. LOL, getting the picture now?

I did a "jackass Hollywood" style flip the cylinder closed and of course Gunny sees everything. He called me out over the PA system, between two long strings of obscenities he informed me how I was abusing an innocent revolver. I think I managed to squeak out a falsetto "y-yes sir!" and continued to shoot. Actually my groups were very tight, even after getting my cage rattled. I was done at the next cease fire and went to thank him and apologize, which was met with more cursing and an explanation why that was abusive to the revolver- like a salty version of Miculek's video. He did finish with "Nice f-ing shooting young man." I dreaded going the next time but he was almost friendly to me from then on.

Kinda related but not directly-

If you like "how things work" and specs and all that, this guy puts out some fantastic shop manuals.
The 1911's are a must have, and theres the new S&W 5th edition. Covers some interesting stuff on the m.i.m. parts.

View attachment 372713

Just bought that shirt. Wife walked in, I ask if she knows who it is, she says 'that shooter dude'.

Deah Guns'n'Ammo Forum,

It all started when I was fondling my sexy-17 and this little Smith came by. One thing led to anuddah and BAM! I was jammin my magazine into her cylinder like nobody's business.

Kinda related but not directly-

If you like "how things work" and specs and all that, this guy puts out some fantastic shop manuals.
The 1911's are a must have, and theres the new S&W 5th edition. Covers some interesting stuff on the m.i.m. parts.

I have his 1911 shop manual.Great book.

Back
Top Bottom