• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jericho, VT Appleseed, July 19-20, 2008

I think someone offered to lend me a 22 conversion kit (maybe a full uppper) for an AR at Jericho.... was I dreaming? If it was you can you let me know if you'll be there or if I need to pick it up before...and if it was a dedicated upper or just conversion kit.

Thanks

Don't know about an upper or conversion, but a loaner 10/22 with AR sights can be arranged.

Thanks. I may take you up on that offer if I don't get a sling for my 10/22.

Jason, I've got a sling you can borrow - we can meet at the UB Breakfast Club some Wednesday morning. Or you can borrow a full LTR - whichever you want. Hey, two people have now shot Rifleman with my LTRs... want to be the third? [wink]

Jason, I've got a sling you can borrow - we can meet at the UB Breakfast Club some Wednesday morning. Or you can borrow a full LTR - whichever you want. Hey, two people have now shot Rifleman with my LTRs... want to be the third? [wink]

Not sure I will make UB's Breakfast Club before Jericho. I could take a sling from my AR.... but what I meant to say is that I need something to attach the sling to the front of the rifle... I took the one I had off based on your recommendation as it fixed the barrel to the stock...

The 'gf' has been using it with a scope so I haven't used it in ages. I don't even know if my sights are sighted in.

Doobie, it's $8.99. Surely you don't have to wait for payday? [smile]

Jon, I would keep quiet about the loose sight. You could have been in the half of the bell curve where the sight was moving in the direction that was compensating for each shot's error. [smile]

Doobie, it's $8.99. Surely you don't have to wait for payday? [smile]

Jon, I would keep quiet about the loose sight. You could have been in the half of the bell curve where the sight was moving in the direction that was compensating for each shot's error. [smile]

No, I'm waiting until it's closer until I move so it doesn't get lost in the mail/missed/etc. And it's like 7.69 with my C&R license.

So, who's coming?

The event is definitely on, we'll be there, lots of Instructors, lots of fun, and remember, FULL DISTANCE. How often do you get to shoot out to 400 or 600 yards?

Well, here's your chance to do so.

I won't be there, going to Scout camp with my oldest for the week, starting that weekend.
Lot's of .22's will be shot that week, though!

I'll be dreaming about being on the range, though! I wanted dibs on any rifles left on the firing line! LOL.....

I just moved to a new house, so getting things setup/organized/in order will control if I can make it up there for an entire weekend.

I really hope I'm there. I'm very sorry if I can't make it.

I'll be there (barring another near-death experience like the morning of Harvard), and I’ll have ShorteyGirley in tow. I might be able to drag another couple with me, pending their scheduling. Either way, I’m there and I’m stoked!!!

Doobie – I’ll be bringing my .22 upper with me, but I don’t know if I’m going to use it yet. If I go with my LTR or shoot centerfire the first day, you’re welcome to borrow it.

OKAY! ShorteyGirley and I are both registered and good to go!!!

We're probably bringing 2-3 LTRs, a .22LR upper for a AR-15, 3 AR-15s and a Garand. I'm not sure what we'll be using, but Nickle, you can add the rest to the loaner inventory for the weekend.

Nickle, I'm assuming we can camp at the range, same as last year?

Here are a couple more shots from last year's Jericho Appleseed:

P1010061.JPG

Looking down the line you can see smallz and doobie in the foreground, Nickle in the background.

P1010062.JPG

Nickle and Crak instructing the group.

P1010080.JPG

The best part of Jericho was shooting the AQT at full distances. This is the line at 100 yards.

P1010083.JPG

And here is the line from 600 yards - beyond the distances called for in the AQT, but damn fun to shoot anyway (with iron sights)

P1010075.JPG

Sun setting behind the Green Mountains.

Last edited:
Camping on site is definitely OK. Primitive camping, there will be a portolet there, and there is a pavillion. You can even come up Friday. If after dark, please watch your lights, as you will be traveling through a training area for Army Guard soldiers. If there are troops on the road, please reduce your speed to 10 MPH when going by them, and please switch to your parking lights.

Coffee and a simple breakfast will be available. Nothing fancy, probably toast and scrambled eggs.

Yes, Cheryl and I will be camping there, along with (hopefully) her grandsons. At least one other Instructor (kDan) will be camping there.

As of now, we're looking at 26 pre-registered. We're looking at 8 or 9 Instructors, including Scout, who is up from Texas.

Folks, this is a chance to get some excellent training, from (and with) some of the finest people you will ever meet, and a chance to get that training at real distances.

Bring a .22 AND a centerfire, or at least make some arrangements for use of a loaner. Yes, we will have a bunch of .22 loaners there. Bring your oiwn ammo, Federal bulk from Wal-Mart seems to work OK.

That range is a thing of beauty ! Oh to be able to shoot prone on that nice soft green grass instead of the mud, sand, rocks or concrete I've had to deal with.

I'll make it there one of these days.

See you in Bennington Nickle.

Here are a couple more shots from last year's Jericho Appleseed:

P1010061.JPG

Looking down the line you can see smallz and doobie in the foreground, Nickle in the background.
Chris, got a larger shot of this one? That's a great shot of my niece. (OK, so I'm a bastard... I want to send it to her very liberal mother. [devil] )

I hate to be a stickler, but where's her trigger finger?

Hopefully, behind the trigger guard. Or not stretched out to far enough to reach the trigger.

I can't tell from the photo if it's on the trigger or not. Since I wasn't there, I don't know.

I just looked at the original, and I agree - her hand is wrapped around the stock, and her finger is well behind the trigger guard. Definitely off the trigger. She must have been taught well...

Ross, that pic, and a couple others are inbound via email. Let me know to confirm you got them.

-TD

She must have been taught well...

That would be Fred (yeah, THAT Fred) and I that taught her originally, with some prior work by Uncle Ross, Too Tall (he's Dead Horse MC, and Ross might remember him) and some others. Of course, the day that picture was taken crak and I were running the event.

But, she definitely knew and still knows the rules.

Heh, I didn't mean to kick off a flurry of posts. I know Liz knows the rules, I was on the line next to her at Harvard. No insult was intended, I just wanted to make sure anything used to represent us to the antis was 100%. Not that anyone uneducated about firearms would even know to look, or that I disagree that Ross's sister is a lost cause anyway [wink].

The enlarged photo clearly shows her hand was around the stock and not the trigger - you can see the trigger in the larger shot.

Back
Top Bottom