• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jericho, VT Appleseed, July 19-20, 2008

Range: Ethan Allen Firing Range, VT Army National Guard

Address: ETHAN ALLEN TRAINING SITE
VERMONT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
113 ETHAN ALLEN ROAD
JERICHO, VERMONT 05465-9706

Range Fee: None

When: July 19-20, 2008

Camping Available: Yes, Primitive. Cost is free. Can camp Friday evening as well.

Hotels: Yes, numerous, check Burlington, VT listings

Directions: http://www.vsrpa.org/Directions_to_Ethan_Allen_Firing_Range.pdf

State Laws to be aware of: (Disclaimer: we attempt to tell you the most important ones, mag size etc. but you are required to check for yourself) No silencers are allowed in VT. Loaded rifles and shotguns are not allowed in vehicles.

Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing. 25 mph speed limit on facility

Misc:

Maximum Shooting Distance Available: 600 yards Max. capacity of the range: We could easily put 50+ shooters at 25 meters. Full Distance is limited to 19 points. We do Full Distance by relays.

Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing. 25 mph speed limit on facility

Who to contact for more information: Nickle, Crak or Dwarven1 or e-mail [email protected]

Link to Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/95541768

Just wondering the dates...when I go to the link it says: Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 8:30 am ET - Monday, July 21, 2008 at 4:00 pm ET And the select says "3 day Adult." I'm assuming it is just Saturday and Sunday.

This was the greatest range I've ever seen. Nobody should miss this. [smile]

+1
I would train up at EA about 2 times a year in my reserve days. Unbelievable ranges. Getting time off in the summer will require a miracle for me but I will definately try to be there.
Note for anybody who might be a little low on the fitness end, I remember the air being a little thin up there so be prepared.

Can we mail a check to save the $1.75 processing fee?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is the training in Jericho much different from that which will be done at Harvard next month? One difference, I think, are shooting distances?

The core of the training is the same. Saturday will be much the same.

Sunday will be different, as we'll be moving out to further distance at Jericho.

If you're considering one or the other, I suggest both. It really takes more than once to fully digest the course. So, if you're considering coming to Jericho, you should do an Appleseed prior to that, so you get more out of the full distance portion.

I'm signed up for Harvard. Was looking for a reason to sign up for Jericho (which I just got TYVM [wink]).

Nickle, is there a limit to the number of students for the class, or a student/teacher ratio?

Well, I wish we could get to the limits of that range. That would be somewhere around 100, as the firing line is something like 275 feet long.

That being said, we'd find a way to squeeze a couple more in anyways.

I just wasn't sure since there are only 19 shooting positions at the 100/200/300/400 and the last time we came semi-close to the end of the cease-fire time; and also it would be nice for a little more 1:1 help than I received last time (I know crak and dwarven1 are helping teach this time so there will be more people teaching).

Yeah, we're going to speed Sunday up considerably. Scout will be up from Texas, and we should have 4 to 6 other Instructors more than last time. (Daland, GMB74, Farmer, Ripersnifle, luvBUSHmaster and maybe raf.) It would be nice if we got 8 or 9 of us on the line, as that one is big enough to warrant it.

I wish the target pits there had more than 19 or 20 points, too. We get away with a lot, seeing that we're using a 50/50 pit crew/shooter arrangement, and run different target holders for 25 meters.

Some motivational pics of the range- I've shot at ranges from Cape Cod to Fort Benning, Fort Dix, Fort Campbell, Korea (US and ROKA), EAFR is easily the prettiest and nicest of them all.

CNXT0006.jpg

CNXT0021.jpg

CNXT0014.jpg

CNXT0012.jpg

The 700 round count was from a 25 meter only Appleseed, and it was 2 days. I'm hoping to make it Jericho, and I'm planning to shoot 22LR on saturday and centerfire on Sunday. Either NES AR or my forthcoming CMP garand.

(I know crak and dwarven1 are helping teach this time so there will be more people teaching).

Was I that unhelpful last time? [smile]

Shhh.. Fred might take my paycheck back if you keep spreading that stuff around.

Yes! Although I'm wondering if I really want to go through 700 rounds of 223 in one day. [shocked]

Plan on bring a .22, and using it on Saturday. Bring 500 rounds for it, but truth be known, you'll need much less.

Bring a centerfire for Sunday. You'll want at least 200 rounds for it.

If we get enough numbers, and IF I can get an adjacent 25 meter range, we may only have those that are shooting well enough move to the full distance portion. If so, and you are one of the ones that stays at 25 meters, you're going to want a bunch of ammo, at least 700 rounds or more.

If you're planning on centerfire both days, bring 500 rounds for it. Last year we went through just over 300, but you never know exactly how it's going to be.

Was I that unhelpful last time? [smile]

Shhh.. Fred might take my paycheck back if you keep spreading that stuff around.

Haha, you guys were all good, it's just me... I couldn't shoot at all the other day. Of course carbine length hand guards are a bit short for me to comfortable hold my rifle in prone.

Grrr, I want to get a full 22 conversion kit for this Appleseed, but I don't have $500 right now. Anyone want to buy me a birthday present?

I think someone offered to lend me a 22 conversion kit (maybe a full uppper) for an AR at Jericho.... was I dreaming? If it was you can you let me know if you'll be there or if I need to pick it up before...and if it was a dedicated upper or just conversion kit.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom