JCV's First AR Build (DONE)

JCV's First AR Build (help, pics, questions,etc.,)

Gonna start buy parts for my second lower in a week or two .

Best advice take your time , and watch videos over and over . Depending how your lower parts kit comes a few of the springs and detente etc you could use in the wrong spot .

Gonna start buy parts for my second lower in a week or two .

Best advice take your time , and watch videos over and over . Depending how your lower parts kit comes a few of the springs and detente etc you could use in the wrong spot .

+1 youtube videos are great

really, really stupid question.
at what point should I have my brake pinned to my barrel? before the upper is complete or after? does it even matter?
list up brakes that are 1.5" long?

JCV's First AR Build (help, pics, questions,etc.,)

It's not clear cut more or less . if it can fire it should be pinned. Toss all the barrel parts on get it pinned etc. then finish the upper .

OK, so who's making a good barrel?

I have an Aero Lower, DPMS, upper, Windham Weaponary BCG

I have a 16" Remsport M4 barrel on one of mine, and on another I have an 16" ESS Solutions M4 barrel. I think they are both nice barrels.

I am also in the process of building out another one with an ESS Solutions 16" HB barrel.

Are they $400 barrels? No. I am also not that picky about having Nike sneakers either.

Remsport barrel was around $100 & the ESS was $80.

Wait until everything is functioning properly! If you pin or solder it on before hand and have to un-do it it would suck...

really, really stupid question.
at what point should I have my brake pinned to my barrel? before the upper is complete or after? does it even matter?
list up brakes that are 1.5" long?

bored.
laid what i had out.
haven't put anything together because I'm not using that lower.
my lower and upper will be in my hands monday, wednesday at the latest. Then I'm just waiting for my comp to come in the mail so i can get it pinned. Then it's build time!

When installing your ejection port dust cover take care not to lose the pin retaining ring. The armorer course instructor nick named that "the flea." The thing is so small it is almost nonexistent and it really doesn't like to on easily. It is magnetic though. Everyone else covered anything else I would tell you. +1 on the offer, if you run into a problem, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Almost finished the lower last night.
2FHgxJu.jpg

Got off the phone with Lou at BEC. Dropping my upper off for the comp to be welded on tomorrow.
Looks like I've gott complete my upper because as of right now all i have done is install the dust cover and forward assist.
I have yet to even look up what it takes to finsih it but I'm hoping I don't run into issues with the gas system or installing anything else........

I am in need of help.

I can't remove the barrel nut from my hand guard.
I also don't have a torque wrench.

Anyone around to give me a hand. I'm in Malden?

yup, Ben is a good dude. He's helped me out with my truck, very knowledgeable. NES is so resourceful.

Looks like you're in the city next to me JCV, PM me if you have any more issues.

This is the finished product, well this is what it will look like. Optic and afg are just thrown on.

photo7nuk.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yup, Ben is a good dude. He's helped me out with my truck, very knowledgeable. NES is so resourceful.

Looks like you're in the city next to me JCV, PM me if you have any more issues.

Will do man, thanks for the offer.

Nice looking rifle, but ya, I come in hear more for your avatar... Seriously though, congrats. Good shooting and good luck with not paying an arm and a leg for ammo.

Back
Top Bottom