Jack's Machine Co - NFA Engraving Saturday Get-together

Just did a little bit of testing this morning, looks like most of the engraving I have been doing for people has been about .010" deep. Think I might start marking a little bit shallower, around .006" or so.

I also tried looking for a NES logo to test mark on some anodized aluminum, but there doesn't appear to be a vector logo floating around or a clean enough raster that my limited skills can get a good vector from.

Hey Guys - I'll have to bail on this Saturday. Something just came up.

I'll stay on top of this thread though if you guys get the 5 people and end up getting together.

Alright, need to figure out if and when this is happening. If everyone who wants to come down can chime in and confirm, and give the earliest time you would want to be here.

I can be there around 9 or 10 with my digital file. I have it in SVG and PNG in case the SVG doesnt come out right after converting it online. I have no way of telling if its right or not.

Do you need the lowers stripped, or will they be fine as-is? I dont know if you use a jig of some kind or something.

I can be there around 9 or 10 with my digital file. I have it in SVG and PNG in case the SVG doesnt come out right after converting it online. I have no way of telling if its right or not.

Do you need the lowers stripped, or will they be fine as-is? I dont know if you use a jig of some kind or something.
Take off whatever you can that's not a pain in the ass. It's not a big deal, I don't have any fancy fixturing, nothing is the same shape and everyone wants the marking in different places.

Can you send me your files at [email protected].

A lot of the time those online converters make files that don't work well with the laser.

So I'm thinking 10am tomorrow for whoever can make it, unless someone has a problem with that. Was hoping to get more people in, but oh well!

If you wake up tomorrow morning and decide you want anything engraved on your gun, feel free to come on down.

If anyone has a digital file they want done, shoot me the file to the email in the last post.

Sorry for the slow reply - the mrs likes her friday night date night. I'm still in for sure - I'll see you guys tomorrow morning

I wouldn't mind doing this again, though I would hopefully like to get more people lined up. I think it was pinion who was saying that a lot of the build it yourself guys might be interested in this also.

Definitely the 80% guys - that's what I had done. I just also happen to frequent the NFA forum a lot, also.

Back
Top Bottom