Jack's Machine Co - NFA Engraving Saturday Get-together

Hanwei

NES Member
Ladies,

Bill at Jack's Machine Co has offered to open up their shop on Saturday 4/9 in the morning if we can get enough people to show up and get their NFA/non-NFA items engraved.

Please post in this thread with whether or not you're down to meet up and how many items you would like engraved.

Pricing will be $50 CASH per engraving.

I'll update this post as more details arise.

Those that are in so far:

Username....... # of Items......... Saturday AM 4/9
massBRS...........1.....................Yes
Asaltweapon......1.................... Yes
Pinion................1................... Yes
RayB................2 or 3.............. Maybe

If I owned the place I would come in on Saturday and take care of it for you. Unfortunately I don't. If we could get a few people who need some engraving done and want to meet here on a Saturday morning that could possibly work though.

(Jack's Machine speaking here)

Well everyone ask your friends then! Not sure if this Saturday is doable, it's pretty short notice, would like to get as many people as possible. I hate working Saturdays so I'd like to keep it to a minimum [smile]

Go for it. I'm bad at forum-ing.

Also need to talk to the boss, but if we get some people I'm sure we can reduce the price of the engraving.

Might also be a good time for people who have been thinking about getting any non-SBR engraving done, too.

Our shop-

Jack's Machine Co
162 Industrial Blvd, Unit 2b
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

Hours: 7-5, Mon-Fri

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill (I'm Bill)

We're not an FFL so if you want something done, you need come by with whatever you want done and wait for it. It usually never takes more than a half hour. You can watch while I do the work and let me know what you want for engraving, location, etc.

As we're a regular job shop, you want to call ahead (the day before at the latest would be great), to make sure the laser is available and that I'm not on vacation or something.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the engraving isn't limited to just SBR markings, we can do any kind of text, logos, etc on all sorts of metals. For the SBR engraving we are charging $65 for the first one, and $60 each for any more subsequent ones you bring at the same time. The cost for any other engraving would have to be figured out on a case by case basis.

I think that covers everything. On a personal note, I just want to say that this stuff isn't really a money maker for us, I just figured I could help out some local guys get their guns engraved if I could. I actually sold my last pistol a couple years ago and haven't had anything since, but still want to help out other gun people.

Last edited:
Just want to say, the preferable thing would be to get everyone there around the same time, earlier the better.

I might have more than one - I helped a friend on my bridgeport with his 80% 1911 and if I make one, I'll want that engraved, too. Time is the biggest concern - is there any possibility of pushing the dates back at all?

Shark_Cage - I've added you to the list.

Bill - how many do you need in order to make this worth it for you? Just want to get an idea. Thanks!

I'd say 5 would be good. I know MassBRS wanted to push the date back, but I'm not sure how strongly you feel about that. I'd like to aim for next Saturday (the 9th) and see how many people we can get in for then, unless you guys agree to push it out further. I'm not picky about which Saturday this happens. Just would rather earlier in the morning than later.

Sounds good. I've edited my first post to reflect the date we're shooting for: Saturday 4/9.

RayB - can you make next Saturday?

If Ray can make it, then we'll just need one more to make this a go.

Something I should've mentioned before, but since it's Saturday it will have to be cash only, as the way the boss processes credit card payments is a mystery to me.

Also, I'll do whatever markings for $50 per piece instead of the usual $65.

One update for me. I can do 4/9 (Morning), if it slips to a later weekend that would be too late for me. I just got my ATF approval and I am itching to get this gun to the range lol. One note, I am available weekdays if that becomes a possibility.

Thanks,
Jim

Like I said earlier, i can do them for $50 each if we get a group in on Saturday. The regular rate is $65. If you're looking to come in during regular business hours I made a post somewhere in the general SBR engraving thread. It's up to you!

My plan was to engrave an 80% lower receiver I made with the "safe" and "fire" selector positions, as well as a serial number and maybe model. I presume this shouldn't be too difficult - but do you still want me to bring a file for something this simple?

Depends. In aluminum it can be anything from a surface mark to 050" deep.

In other words, pretty much whatever you like!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom