IWB for Switch Hitter Lefty

Mountain

NES Member
No kids, I have not decided to leave Mrs. Mountain and 'play for the other team'. [laugh] I have pretty much destroyed my shoulder and until repaired and fully recovered a right hand draw is not an option. I can shoot with my left, so I'm looking for a lefty IWB. Sig P220 Compact SAS is my EDC.

Looking for recommendations for a quality leather / hide rig in stock somewhere. Guess I can call Milt Sparks on Monday, but I suspect theirs will be MTO with a long backlog. My current rig is a horsehide one from R Grizzle. It's fantastic, but the lead time is long. The DeSantis Sof-tuck lefty is in stock, but it's a single clip & I prefer double loops. Maybe the single clip is OK with a good belt, but I'll be in a sling for a long time & won't be able to screw around with a holster that draws with the gun. I'd have to pull it off with my teeth with the business end of the Sig pointed right down my pie hole, LOL.

Advice / recommendations appreciated.

Last edited:
I like my super tuck? I tend to carry on my weak side with a OWB holster. It's just easier for me.

Last edited:
Tucker Gunleather's web site says that they're running at about 8 weeks for their Texas Heritage IWB.

Thanks guys. I plan to call a couple places tomorrow to see if I can find something decent in stock. I really like IWB for secure concealment.

I realized I was going to have a problem when I had trouble drawing at home to put the Sig away in its mini vault. I can physically shoot and let my wrist and elbow take the recoil that my shoulder can't, but ya gotta draw first. I'm mostly lefty anyway and can shoot left. May keep the extra holster once I have recovered, or I'll karma it on NES if I don't keep it. Or... Carry two like a boss?

Ended up with a Galco Summer Comfort, delivered quickly via my kid's free Prime account.

Sturdy leather, well made. Way too f-ing tight & taking extra work to break in. An end of stitching and something sticking out on the edge of the leather had to be smoothed down so it wouldn't jab skin- no big deal and took 10 seconds to smooth out. I think it should be canted a little more for a better carry angle. It will do for now.

cda484d0-fce9-46fa-adf9-50737e19ff7b_zpsjuwhd600.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom