It's the season for.......just about everything

Hunting season is upon us. If anyone is looking for someone to tramp through the woods or sit in a blind, I'll be hitting the fields whenever possible.

I'd love to hunt this year, but I don't have time to take 18 hours of gov't mandated classes in order to get a hunting license. And before you tell me how great the class is, I'm sure you're right. I am just pissed that the .gov assumes the right to tell me I can't hunt without submitting to to their curriculum.

I'd love to hunt this year, but I don't have time to take 18 hours of gov't mandated classes in order to get a hunting license. And before you tell me how great the class is, I'm sure you're right. I am just pissed that the .gov assumes the right to tell me I can't hunt without submitting to to their curriculum.

I've never taken the MA class. I took my first hunter safety class at age 8. I took 2 more by age 10. I learned more from my father, who I started accompanying on hunts as soon as I could walk.

I tramp through the woods quite a bit. I'm surprised I don't see anything considering all the sweat pouring off me. I did find a spot for a stand now so I can stop spreading my scent around now. Plus it finally cooled off so I won't sweat like a pig.

Any recommendations on places to go duck hunting when the central zone opens on Thursday? I'm looking at Delaney WMA being my best bet so far, now if only I had a yellow lab to take with me.

Just curious, have you ever taken a course in another state? Ever done any hunting in a state that dosnt require hunter safety course?
If not, suck it up and take the training before you come out in the woods where my boys and I are hunting....Thanks

Hunting season is upon us. If anyone is looking for someone to tramp through the woods or sit in a blind, I'll be hitting the fields whenever possible.

Someone forgot to tell the turkeys in my 'hood that it's hunting season. Usually see 5-8 of them (there are 18 here unless some coyotes have been feasting) each day in my front and back yard as well as many other yards in the area. I can easily get within 20' of them. I'm not a hunter and they probably know that this town prohibits all shooting and hunting, so they feel safe. [laugh]

Saturday is out. I'm in Maine for the weekend. I may set some decoys before work one day, though.

Are you only going for the weekend or are you staying up there longer? I will be going up there Saturday but staying for the week.

I just don't seem to have the time to hunt as much as I'd like to. It's effing stupid we can't hunt Sundays. I work a lot so Saturdays are pretty much my only time to get out there. I went out looking for goose while they were in season. Not once did I get a shot. I'm looking foward to duck this Friday evening and Saturday morning.

I am a new hunter. Looking for someone to help "show me the ropes". Drop me a PM. I am in the Leominster area and have all the nessasary licenses.

Anyone got any good spots for coyote they want to share, or go out together?

In reading the abstracts it seems we can't go on WMA's stocked with pheasant and quail at night, until pheasant and quail season is over. [thinking]

I went up to Sagamore Hill with my Dad last weekend, but had no luck.

Back
Top Bottom