It's Official, 2012 NH Record Pickerel

Just heard from Don Miller of NH F&G that Team BIP Outdoors host, Joshua, now holds the 2012 NH Trophy Pickerel record. The fish officially weighed in at 5 pounds, 12.61 ounces at 26.25" and a huge girth of 14.75". Congrats Josh on your terrific catch. His fish smashed the second place fish by 2.4 pounds. And in case you are wondering what it was what caught on....PK LURES!!!!!

Team BIP Outdoors

Here's a picture of the young angler with his fish:
photobucket-2487-1331852138530.jpg

Pickerel, Muskie and Pike are of the same family, Esocidae family. And all have slightly different characteristics in their body colorations and gill plates. Muskie are the largest members and Redfin Pickerel being the smallest. The major difference between Pike and Pickerel are the markings, and Pike has a more noticible scales on it's gill plates. Pike have less sensory pores on the bottom of the lower jaw than Muskie. Muskie only have noticable scales on the upper half of the gill plates. Hope this helps[grin]

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fellas I will convey your messeges to my otherwise proud son. He'd been waiting 10 months for this confirmation.

WOW that's huge! Don't stick your fingers in to free the hook! That's why God invented long-nose pliers!

I will pass along your congrats...6 pound test And this fish had a muskrat in it's belly..AS we taxidermied this fish, the contents were confirmed. Thanks fellas.

Nice pic of a nice pic.

Congrats to all involved.

I don't know why Triton, Ranger, BassCat, etc. call them "bass boats." My 1999 Triton should be re-badged a "pickerel boat." I hate those toothy critters

8 Pound test, 1/2 PK Lure Firetiger pattern. Trolling. Thanks again fellas, Josh is still smiling, his official letter from F&G was received this past Saturday with the wall certificate to follow in the next few weeks.

Their goal this year is to put up a nice King Salmon, Walleye, Brook Trout. 7.5 pound is currently being taxidermied.
Here is a peek at their trophy wall, a few fish over 9 pounds
photobucket-4603-1352162805845.jpg

Is that on the cape? I think Ive got caught pickerel there.

That thing's a whopper!
No sir, This and most on the wall are from our home lake BIP. Exceptions, 9.67 pike(CT River), 5.01 rainbow(Winnipesaukee) and 12 pound Brown(Ontario). The 7.5 pounder is a Lake Trout from Lake Winnipesaukee. I made a mistake in my original post, forgot to add the species.

Back
Top Bottom