Need a trapper in Beford/Amersht area NH for Beaver

Thirwell1216

NES Member
I moved into the home in NH last fall and saw some of the Beaver damage on the lot. Previous owner ignored it. I have a den on the property and want to save what's left of the waterfront trees. They have hit some 25 foot trees without hesitation. Any recomendations on trappers in the Bedford/Goffstown/New Boston/Amerherst area? I emailed NH fish and game and never heard back. Here is what is going on.

20221011_145658.jpg
20230219_100807.jpg
20221011_145017.jpg

Sorry, Too far away from my location. Contact Fish and Game and see if they that can help you find someone close to you.

I’m quite the beaver slayer.

I think wrapping the mature trees is the answer and dont use nails or anything that sticks into the tree. Those trees that have been bit are toast now and will slowly die.

I don't like using those traps. Plus, we have to dispose of the animals as we cannot legally release them.

9mm, 45, x39 all work well. Just hang near the water during dusk.

Yep...popped one and a neighbor freaked out. Shot within state limits of 200 feet from his property line and was on my property when he was chewing on a 20ft birch tree. The Dead Air Mask is in NFA Jail. Any thoughts on a PCP that is up for the job? Something in the 30 cal range. They are super active right now.

Yep...popped one and a neighbor freaked out. Shot within state limits of 200 feet from his property line and was on my property when he was chewing on a 20ft birch tree. The Dead Air Mask is in NFA Jail. Any thoughts on a PCP that is up for the job? Something in the 30 cal range. They are super active right now.
I've got a couple of Airforce PCPs for varmint control, I expect the Condor SS in .25 would suffice, but Airforce also makes "big bore" slug guns.

OTOH, if you don't already have other .25s then I'd go straight up to something in the .30 cal range.

The New Hampshire 300 Ft rule is from the dwelling not the property line.

Back
Top Bottom