Is your gun safe full and you need more room?

I thougt my safe was full. I recently bought a Norinco 56-S and I just fit it in. I was at North Shore Firearms and picked up my Tommy Gun I ordered in December. I couldn't fit it in my safe. I also have a Norinco MAK 90 that will be at NSF on Friday. When I was at NSF ordering the Tommy Gun, I mentioned this to another customer and he told me he had that problem. He said he bought Gunny Socks and put each of his rifles in a sock and put them in. What a great idea. I bought 2-6 pack from Cheaper Than Dirt for $24.95 a piece. I put all 12 on last night. Man, it works! The rifle wont ding eachother, so you can stack them in. I will order another 12 today for the rest of them. I fit my Tommy Gun and I will be able to fit my MAK 90 plus 2 more (hopefully). I will keep my Home Defense Remmington 780 with extended mag. out of a sock, but that's it. I hope I will see the guy again to thank him.

Hey bggsp, glad to hear that you finally got your Tommy. I guess the wait wasn't that long after all (less than a month I would say). And I'm glad to hear that you took my advice. All my rifles are now in socks and I know longer have to worry about dinging them up when I'm taking them out. I am actually in the process of cutting out the divider in my safe so I can store more long guns. In the mean time I've bought some pistols to satisfy my need for new toys. [smile] Oh, and by the way, your welcome [smile]

Last edited:
I would like to make a standing offer to all Northeastshooters members: if you gun safe is full, and you are not sure of what to do, you can drop your excess guns off with me at anytime night or day and I will care for them and keep them safe until you want them back! [smile]

Hell, I ran out of space in my gun safe about a week after I got it. I've only got 7 handguns, but both me and the wife keeps other stuff of value in there, i.e. jewelry, deed to the house, vehicle titles, sports memorabilia, etc..

1st, thanks Veritas, best advice I've had in a long time. yeah, it was only about a month. Not bad. I don't even have a divider in my safe, just up top for pistols. I did buy an SR9 up there in the mean time.

2nd, it was a bigger pain in the arse when the guns were exposed because I would have to be careful not to ding the rifles. You can write on a piece of paper on the gunny sock to identify the weapon.

3rd, I can't buy a bigger safe...I am not allowed to buy any more guns......................... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I am trying to tell my wife I need another safe to store my ammo. I'm not sure it will fly!

I wish I had "that problem". Hell, mine are going in the other direction.
[sad2]

I'll be lucky if the safes stay the same by the time it gets warm at this point.

-Mike

yeah, there is an ad in the back of Shotgun News for a safe/door to a room. That would be sweet...like the container in Lord of War...All my rifles hanging on the wall.

Interesting!

We've got our Stack-On filled to the brim, I don't think these would give us any more storage space, but would be nice to have some protection from dings and scratches.

Back
Top Bottom