Is this true?

Nope, they just remove them, ship them to another store and fill the space with other items.

----------------

We used to buy frozen OJ at Costco-Dedham. They stopped selling it because they didn't sell enough at that location but I could get it at the Waltham store. Discussed this with the store manager and that is how they decide what items to yank. There are no empty spaces in their freezer section . . . other items take the place of those removed.

Many years ago I had a discussion with the manager of Bldg 19 in Natick. She told me that candles were only sold in 1 or 2 stores as they just didn't move in some other stores. Same idea.

OK. I get it. When they figure out it hasn't sold or isn't selling well they take it out and put something else in its place.

I thought you were disagreeing with me. We're on the same page actually.

Considering I don't need a gun shaped mug, I have no use for Cabelas or even LGS for that matter.

Everything sold at Cabelas can be found online at a cheaper price without having to show ID to buy an ammo canister or mag loader.

Cabelas CS reply:

Hello StevieP

Thank you for your comments and letting us know of the concerns you have with needing a license to purchase a plastic box. I can assure you, we are following the state and federal laws in this state and this is why these must be purchased this way.

We apologize for the frustration and have forwarded your comments to our Corporate office for future consideration. I have also forwarded this to our management team in the Berlin, MA retail location for review in the event there is something we are able to do to change this.

We greatly appreciate hearing from our customers. Although, unable to guarantee that you will receive a response back, be assured we will review your comments and take any and all appropriate action.

Cabela's values your business and we look forward to serving your future sporting needs. Should you need to follow up, please refer to case #xxxxxx

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Thank you for visiting cabelas.com and come back soon!

Sincerely,
Mandy

Cabelas CS reply:

Hello StevieP

Thank you for your comments and letting us know of the concerns you have with needing a license to purchase a plastic box. I can assure you, we are following the state and federal laws in this state and this is why these must be purchased this way.

We apologize for the frustration and have forwarded your comments to our Corporate office for future consideration. I have also forwarded this to our management team in the Berlin, MA retail location for review in the event there is something we are able to do to change this.

We greatly appreciate hearing from our customers. Although, unable to guarantee that you will receive a response back, be assured we will review your comments and take any and all appropriate action.

Cabela's values your business and we look forward to serving your future sporting needs. Should you need to follow up, please refer to case #xxxxxx

Sincerely,
Mandy

Sounds like the conversation is over but I for one would love to see the cite for the MGL regarding Id for plastic boxes. [thinking]
Even Ma. isn't that retarded.

I guess I'll be canceling that trip I was planning to Cabela's........I'll stick with the LGS's.

Because they never give bad information. [rolleyes]

Like the guy from a gun shop who told a customer at the Wilmington show, "If you shoot someone with a gun that's not on the roster, their lawyer will sue you and put you in jail."

Cabelas CS reply:

Hello StevieP

Sincerely,
Mandy

Unsure what Mandy is smoking! [sad]

Because they never give bad information. [rolleyes]

Like the guy from a gun shop who told a customer at the Wilmington show, "If you shoot someone with a gun that's not on the roster, their lawyer will sue you and put you in jail."

Not going to the LGS for information......but to spend my money......

FWIW, I just sent off an Email to the Hudson store's Marketing Manager (who I met at the pre-grand opening) to call his attention to this problem.

When I have time for a lengthy conversation about the matter, I will call their corporate attorney who handles all the licensing issues for their stores and discuss this problem with him. I think that would be more effective than an Email as he's likely to have many questions given that he's not from MA or in MA and thus unfamiliar with the "boots on the ground" issues.

I also expect to be at the Hudson store next Saturday with a friend who is looking to pick up a specific (non-controlled) item there that is on sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they should have built the place in New Hampshire. The reasons that I will not go there is, I can't buy anything firearms related, which is what I would be going there for, Then except for clothing and food Items I would have to pay the 6.25% sales tax. Bullshit on that. I will use the LGS and If Sam's Outfitters doesn't have it I can make the trip to Bass Pro in Hooksett.

Joe, I agree that they should never have built a store in MA for many reasons. It should have gone to NH. My understanding is that a NH store is not off the table since they have made their corporate decision to build smaller stores with only a 1/2 mountain, etc. to make the $/sq ft more in line with their goals.

Does the Bass Pro in Foxborough have these same issues with ridiculously overly cautious policy?

Back
Top Bottom