• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is SIG abandoning MA?

Well, wishing is all good. However, logistically, how do we make a full on assault to regain our second ammendment? I can't even get my local reps to go against the CLEOs. They fear they are too powerful and don't want to tangle with them. That is just one small piece of what is wrong with this state.

What I am missing Jason? If you have a better idea to reasonably get our rights back in MA I am all ears. If I could wake up tomorrow and have completely freedom under the Constitution in the Communistwealth, I would be in hog heaven. I'm no genius, so if someone has a better idea I would love to hear it.

Well, suggesting that we replace our bad state laws with worse federal laws is not the way and is hardly what most would call "moderate." Defeatism and blind MA bashing is counterproductive to the cause. Our goal should be nothing less than complete freedom. The proposals that you've made so far are the opposite.

maybe by shutting up for a few minutes, and listening in the three threads here where people are actually getting their attention, instead of posting, and posting, and posting stuff that's been hashed over in 2a arguments for years now. [wink]

Timber is a smart guy and that's not bad advise.

Jose and Jason, like I said, I would love for it to be completely free. But the only way to move things forward in this state is to be moderate. We all agree it sucks, but going for all out unrestriction will never work. Many Sheeples in this state believe all guns are bad an unecessary. How do we go from there to all out unrestriction. I get it, our state is messed up, but trying to move the government from one extreme to the other will NEVER work.

37 states allow federally permissible citizens to buy a handgun or long gun without any license or certificate.

Why should the citizens of MA be held to a higher standard? Why do we need to have an arbitrary licensing policy that simply don't exist in most other states? Why should the citizens of MA be offered a limited selection of firearms as compared to the full roster of firearms available to citizens of other states?

And why are you offering suggestions that simply make this state a worse place to live for those of us who wish to own firearms?

Think about it... just think about it...

Rich

Jose and Jason, like I said, I would love for it to be completely free. But the only way to move things forward in this state is to be moderate. We all agree it sucks, but going for all out unrestriction will never work. Many Sheeples in this state believe all guns are bad an unecessary. How do we go from there to all out unrestriction. I get it, our state is messed up, but trying to move the government from one extreme to the other will NEVER work.

Why? I'm dead serious: Why? If you go into this accepting a partial solution, that's all you'll ever achieve.

back to the original question...

FWIW i asked sig a little while back about the P238 and i was told they are planning on getting it OK'd for sale in MA. i think they said mid 2010 for an estimate.

Lighten up already...

Well, wishing is all good. However, logistically, how do we make a full on assault to regain our second ammendment? I can't even get my local reps to go against the CLEOs. They fear they are too powerful and don't want to tangle with them. That is just one small piece of what is wrong with this state.

To most all your many, many posts in this thread and in a couple of others, I offer the following:

maybe by shutting up for a few minutes, and listening in the three threads here where people are actually getting their attention, instead of posting, and posting, and posting stuff that's been hashed over in 2a arguments for years now.

Timber is a smart guy and that's not bad advise.

And there is something strangely familiar about the style of your prose. A bit over anxious and perhaps impatient. Not unlike the poor soul that one of these denial threads is all about. Chill out a bit....read and absorb. Settle down some. You've been on the board for a month (as SecondAmdFirst) and have more posts than many who have been around here for a year or two. I'm not saying don't contribute, I'm saying take a bit more time and think a bit more when picking your spots. Do your research (READ)! You don't want to get to a point or develop a 'rep' where no one reads your posts or takes them seriously, now do you? Relax, read. learn and enjoy the forum....and don't argue so much (life is too short). It will all fall into place for you eventually. No worries...

Do you think anyone, regardless of criminal past, should be able to buy and CCW a handgun???

Yes.

Scrivener, I know it is called the "certification process". However, I have heard several other people describe it as a pay off.

It basically is. They're paying off the state to allow them to sell their product. They can call it a "certification process" all they want, it's a payoff. Extorting money out of a lawful business.

Back on topic, does anyone know if Sig plans to try and certify the P250 in MA?

I doubt it. I believe they don't even make 10 round mags for that gun.

How do we go from there to all out unrestriction. I get it, our state is messed up, but trying to move the government from one extreme to the other will NEVER work.

My guess is slowly, and with no compromises.

Depends on the version of the gun. The P250 .45 ACP is definitely less than 10 rounds....

-Mike

It would just be nice to have different options for carry as the seasons change (size, caliber, etc.) without having to buy three or four guns. Granted I already did that.....so I guess it's moot now. It would be nice if we could buy some of the custom shop stuff though.

Depends on the version of the gun. The P250 .45 ACP is definitely less than 10 rounds....

[laugh] I was referring to the 9mm/.40 versions.

It would be nice if we could buy some of the custom shop stuff though.

Keep an eye on the NES classifieds. You can post a Want To Buy ad or just constantly check, but it is possible to get hard-to-find pistols in Mass. It might cost more money or take more time to find, but a small number of them are around.

[laugh] I was referring to the 9mm/.40 versions.

Keep an eye on the NES classifieds. You can post a Want To Buy ad or just constantly check, but it is possible to get hard-to-find pistols in Mass. It might cost more money or take more time to find, but a small number of them are around.

Well, the wife isn't happy about what I've spent....so with the cost of them in MA that one is going on the back burner. Right now I'm trying to find a nice over/under Browning 12 gauge 28". The other one I'm ALWAYS looking for is nice custom engraved Colt 1911s. Got this great American Combat Companion several months ago that is just a beautiful work of art.

Well, the wife isn't happy about what I've spent....so with the cost of them in MA that one is going on the back burner. Right now I'm trying to find a nice over/under Browning 12 gauge 28". The other one I'm ALWAYS looking for is nice custom engraved Colt 1911s. Got this great American Combat Companion several months ago that is just a beautiful work of art.

I'm young and single, so thankfully I only complain to myself about how much I spend on guns. [smile]

The classifieds are the way to go for hard to find guns in Mass. Deals pop up in there all the time too, but generally you have to move fast and have cash in hand.

I'm young and single, so thankfully I only complain to myself about how much I spend on guns. [smile]

The classifieds are the way to go for hard to find guns in Mass. Deals pop up in there all the time too, but generally you have to move fast and have cash in hand.

Well, I like to browse. Does anyone know a good place besides McElhiney's in Waltham for nicely engraved pieces?

Well, I like to browse. Does anyone know a good place besides McElhiney's in Waltham for nicely engraved pieces?

You might want to start a new thread in the General Discussion forum for something like that, you'll probably get more responses that way. Engraved guns aren't my addiction of choice, so I can't help you.

You might want to start a new thread in the General Discussion forum for something like that, you'll probably get more responses that way. Engraved guns aren't my addiction of choice, so I can't help you.

I'll do that. I just love the artistry and craftsmanship of those guns. There is a guy down in Sharon that has a lot, but no store. Again, I like to browse.

Back
Top Bottom