• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it go time?

Fine....*pulls out calendar*......um.....Oct 11th? It's Columbus Day. So most of us should have some time off. Should be cooled off, but not really cold yet. Although there might be some rain depending on where you are. I'm thinking we should be done by 1pm or so?

How dare you? Don't you mean indigenous peoples day?

And didn't they re-schedule the marathon for that day? So if it's near the marathon route, then forget about it

OMG guys...I just posted to this thread...Armageddon and threads popping up all over the place...crap is definitely hitting the fan...

1628884657173.png

From the article: I bet the Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section have a wicked cool secret handshake. I wonder if they use MSPVFAS so folks don’t have to spell out the whole name?

Listening to Austrians is a bad idea. Change my mind.
OK:

LOL. What about my comment makes you think I am offended? I do think you may need to switch to decaf though.
LOL I assumed you were since you took the time to quote my post and tell me it was redundant rather than just ignore it. Either way we can both just carry on.

Does my freedom look like a homely maid from California?

I'm in your area and yesterday there was a pair of helicopters (looked similar to the ones that zigzagged over Boston before the marathons) going back and forth over my place pretty low during the afternoon. It was strange enough that I went on flight tracker to try to figure out who they were but didn't have much luck figuring it out.
Flight aware showed nothing either. The two choppers I saw were flying fast and low, one landed near a state police barracks and MEMA HQ on Rt9 and the other kept buzzing very low. No ADSB transponders on.

Flight aware will only (I think) show if a flight plan was filed.

I use globe.adsbexchange.com because it shows everything in the air except military combat planes. As I speak N825MM (MSP) is flying over Taunton.

It's really good for tracking news helicopters, especially during the day.

Flight aware showed nothing either. The two choppers I saw were flying fast and low, one landed near a state police barracks and MEMA HQ on Rt9 and the other kept buzzing very low. No ADSB transponders on.

Flight aware will only (I think) show if a flight plan was filed.

I use globe.adsbexchange.com because it shows everything in the air except military combat planes. As I speak N825MM (MSP) is flying over Taunton.

It's really good for tracking news helicopters, especially during the day.
They have a pretty broad network of ADSB receivers and a feeder network, so if it’s in range it’ll get picked up. But that ADSB open community network may have broader reach. I couldn’t figure out how to get that interface to go back in time a few days unfortunately to see if the helos were picked up

Locals also noticed no ADSB on, which someone noted would require FAA approval, likely federal agency or military.

Locals on Nextdoor still noting them flying around, 4 military helos it appears flying low (250-1000 ft) over areas of MA.

No idea what that’s about. Haven’t seen that before.

Last edited:
A lot of military training flights come out of Joint Base Cape Cod (JBCC). Jayhawks (USCG) and Seahawks (USN) as well as Blackhawks (USA), as well as C130 an HC-144 "Ocean Sentry" fixed wing planes.

ADSB Exchange you can filter by altitude so you only see helos and low flying airplanes.

As you note, there is no recording capability, so it's real time only.

Oh, you can also see what is flying in and out of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. You know, all the beautiful people who lecture us about our carbon footprints before getting on their private planes.

They have a pretty broad network of ADSB receivers and a feeder network, so if it’s in range it’ll get picked up. But that ADSB open community network may have broader reach. I couldn’t figure out how to get that interface to go back in time a few days unfortunately to see if the helos were picked up

Locals also noticed no ADSB on, which someone noted would require FAA approval, likely federal agency or military.

Locals on Nextdoor still noting them flying around, 4 military helos it appears flying low (250-1000 ft) over areas of MA.

No idea what that’s about. Haven’t seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom