Is a SKS classified by MA laws as High capacity???

If its the fixed magazine type, then no its not high capacity and yes you can buy it with an FID.

nope, they're not high cap unless someone put a aftermarket high cap mag on it, or if its on of the Norinco "D" or "M" SKS's which were made to accept AK mags(they're might be more variants that I forgot).

I'm in the same boat as you and I've got a couple SKS's.

Thanks- I bought quite a few guns but this is my first semi auto and I wanted to know so that I wouldn't go into the LGS and make a fool of myself.[smile] It's the original 10 rounder not modified in any way. It's a original yugo (I think) LGS has it for $139. Is that a good price. I'm stuck between that or a Enfield.

The SKS will be cheaper to shoot in the long run. $139 is a decent price for any Yugo in good shape.

$139 sounds bout right for a shooter's grade yugo. Is it a 59/66 (has the grenade launcher) or just a M59?

Just make sure that the bore looks good, some of them can be pitted really bad. Also check to make sure the gas valve can move freely, as those can sometimes be a PITA.

When you get it home be sure to take the bolt apart and clean the firing pin channel so you don't get any slam fires.

Trust me, get the SKS. It's pretty much the most fun gun you can get with just an FID.

I'll do it. It doesn't have the launcher- don't really remember because I was drooling over a Remington- Rand 1911 at the time[smile] I thought about the SKS after I got home. I think I'll get one though. I heard they can get 4-5" groups at 200yds. Is this true??? Sounds like a fun gun. Although- aren't all[smile]

Thanks- I bought quite a few guns but this is my first semi auto and I wanted to know so that I wouldn't go into the LGS and make a fool of myself.[smile] It's the original 10 rounder not modified in any way. It's a original yugo (I think) LGS has it for $139. Is that a good price. I'm stuck between that or a Enfield.

LGS?

I just turned 18 and decided for my birthday to get myself a SKS- the only problem is it holds 10 rounds. So what I want to know is if I can with my FID card buy a SKS. Thanks in advance.

The subject was discussed at GREAT length here some time back. Set your profile to all threads and do a search.

As for what is defined as "large capacity," the process is simple: Read the roster. Go here:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssub...ervices&L3=Approved+Weapons+Rosters&sid=Eeops

There is a Norinco SKS going for about that price on the board here. I would
personally recommend that over the Yugo. I like the SKS, but 4" is a stretch.
Maybe at 100 yards.

Back
Top Bottom