Iron Sights MP-15

gene

NES Member
I have had my MP to the range twice to adjust the Iron sights and both times the rifle is shooting 8 to 10 inches to low at 50 yrds.
I checked every internet thread and most which said the same thing

Front post - level to well
Windage to the middle
Rear sight all the way down to 6/3 in my case or 8/3 mark
Peep on short range

I put a Bushmaster carry handle on the unit and it seems to fit tight. The front sight is a UTG A2 style. I have tried adjusting the front sight post up and down but it's not bringing it up anywhere near as high as it needs to shoot.

I have been attempting to zero the sights with the scope mounted but this weekend I will take it off. Anyone else have a problem with this or is there something else I should check. Never had to sight a flat top before.

Here is a good write up on zeroing the AR.
http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw

It sounds like you may have tall front sight post. They can be needed with the detachable carry handle, it was for my wife's rifle, but it sounds like yours doesn't. I would definitely try it without the scope mounted.

Or, to use something that reflects the doctrine of the US armed forces you can try using the TM they gave us in boot camp TM9-1005-319-10.

Here's the zeroing target to go with it. It's for an M16A2 which has a larger site radius than an M4 which means that number of "clicks" will not be the same although the clockwise/counter clockwise rotation of the front and rear site will be the same. That's okay. Once you're zeroed, you are all set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom