Inventory report Four Seasons

Collectors - a short ride from FS has a ton of ammo last time I was there. I'm only saying this because I only reload. [smile]

I was just at collectors last thursday, and they were stripped practically bare. The center of the floor is usually packed full of ammo up to waist height, but now it's just a couple of boxes here and there.

One dealer mentioned to me that he has seen stacks of cases of popular ammo at the MFGs that they are hording to drive the prices.

I cannot confirm, but interesting to ponder.

I was just at FS, he may not be stocked to the gills but he still has ammo - just not any of the bargain stuff.

I picked up some .45 American Eagle for $19.99

They also had 9mm AE for $11.99 and PMB for $12.99

They had cases of WWB .40 for $18.99 and had a few boxes of AE left

None of these prices are super deals but the .45 and 9mm prices aren't bad and I would rather pay a little more for Federal over WWB or UMC

I was there yesterday and he was out of the WWB special, but I got 10 boxes of PMC= for $12.95 each.

Doesn't have a single AR component in the store.

I was just at collectors last thursday, and they were stripped practically bare. The center of the floor is usually packed full of ammo up to waist height, but now it's just a couple of boxes here and there.

WOW- I was there the middle of the week and there was tons of ammo!!! Wow

i was at the gun show in west springfield over the weekend and the ammo tent was doing a super brisk business....there was a line about 25 or 30 people long to get in the tent when i was there....about a 15 min wait before buying supplies.

No offense but I think you may have been exaggerating a bit. I just picked up some primers that came in a half hour ago. The floor was full of ammo just like it was when I was in there mid week last week. They had 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 , .380, .223 etc- all in multiple flavors. WWB in 9mm were there and many other goodies. The only thing they seem to be short on is SP and SR primers.

I stopped by FS again today before noon. They didn't get a significant shipment of 9mm in as hoped... there were about 20 boxes of Federal 9mm, so I bought 10 of them.

We've had a lot more new members in the past 6 months at the Wayland Rod & Gun Club. In the past, it would be unusual for us to have more a couple applicants at a meeting. Last night we had 5.

Two weeks ago, my husband and I joined Braintree R&P. Initially, they had the new members meet in the older building for orientation, but had to move everyone to the new building because they ran out of chairs and space. When moved to the new building every chair at every table (and they are long banquet tables) was filled and even then, some new members carried chairs from the old building just to have a place to sit.

I would "guesstimate" that the class held at least 100 people and most were new gun owners and at least 1/4 of the class were still waiting for their LTC. I figured that out when those who had yet to receive their LTC's where asked to wait after the class to receive a certificate stating that they were members of the BR&P. The guys running the show said that it was the largest new member orientation class the club had ever seen.

I asked it in some other post somewhere, but has anybody actually SEEN an ammo factory to confirm they are open for business and making stuff? Where are these factories located, anyhow?

... I've yet to hear word of any ammo manufacturer complaining that they're prohibited from producing and selling their products. They all seem to be working at compacity and simply just can't keep up with the demand. ...

Did you see this for yourself? If not, do you directly know a person who DID see a factory?

One dealer mentioned to me that he has seen stacks of cases of popular ammo at the MFGs that they are hording to drive the prices.

I cannot confirm,....

If this cannot be confirmed, it doesn't hold a whole lot of value other than pure rumor/conjecture.

It definitely did. The last time I was at Four Seasons, I bought a couple boxes of 9mm at $10.49/box.

I'm afraid to go look now.
$12 (11.99) for that same box assuming American Eagle?

Reasonable selection of FMJ 9 this morning - cases of hollow point 9, but not so good for the range...

Plenty of 40S&W (lots actually) and 45 as well as some of the rifle stuff...

Looks like the same collection of Wolf 223 steel lying around (from Wed), there were plenty of 223 Federal brass cases (900 stripper clips) as well...

All in all a pretty good stack - better than Wed which was ok as well... I had no trouble replacing the 250 9mm rounds I shot on Thur and then some...

That was the morning though[wink]

Last edited:
It seems as though it's only the MA/So.NH market that is this bad.

By brother down in Clarksville, TN said that the gun stores down there have full inventory on everything. Walk in, choose which AR you want, walk out.

Must be nice.

By brother down in Clarksville, TN said that the gun stores down there have full inventory on everything. Walk in, choose which AR you want, walk out.

Must be nice.

I think it's something we perpetuate. It's not the crisis that some make it out to be. Primers seem to be in short supply everywhere but if everyone didn't go out and buy up everything they could get their eyes on I'm sure things would be fine. I buy a lot but a shoot a shit load.

Do people really think that we won't be able to buy this stuff in a year or so???? Maybe I'm naive... but I really don't think laws will get passed like this.

This situation will correct itself....

I think it's something we perpetuate. It's not the crisis that some make it out to be. Primers seem to be in short supply everywhere but if everyone didn't go out and buy up everything they could get their eyes on I'm sure things would be fine. I buy a lot but a shoot a shit load.

Do people really think that we won't be able to buy this stuff in a year or so???? Maybe I'm naive... but I really don't think laws will get passed like this.

This situation will correct itself....

I agree. Obama is not going to take away our guns. He MAY ATTEMPT to pass another federal AWB, but for those of us in MA, who cares, we already live under an AWB. It will just be that the rest of the country will again feel our pain, not much new to affect us in MA.

Maybe I am naive too, but I just don't get the craze in this area...

Must be nice.

Maybe it is NES' influence. (-;

If the manufacturers are having trouble keeping up with demand for free state configured ARs, why would they even bother tying up production capacity making Mass compliant guns? If there is a new ban, it will most likely mirror the old one. As long as they are made before the cutoff date they will still be able to sell them. They will have all the time they need to make Mass compliant guns later.

Sorry if I went off-topic. I was referring to Starvins comment about plenty of ARs in Tennessee. I should have quoted it.

obama is an idiot but he aint a fool. He is embroiled in the economy, his handouts and other such things are making him spend political capital. He has already started the basis for centralized health care (I shudder to call it reform). He has so many sticks in the fire that I dont believe he has the jets to get support for an AWB. He has several democratic reps from my neck of the woods (Montana and neighbors) warning him not to even try..

I think he has to wait till the economy stabalizes and the effects of all of his other stuff are felt before he would even dare to push an AWB... I think we have a min of 3 years. Even Pelosi told Holder to back off...

Some day soon the guys with the garage and shed full o bullets n fixins will sit back and wonder how they will pay for all the stuff they got... I think in another few months we will have some semblance of normalcy in the markets.... Assuming things dont go down the toilet and SHTF time comes. Then all bets are off.

Today at FS

FS is stocked with WWB 9mm and Federal American Eagle 40/45. Boxes of Wolf 223 and Federal bulk 223. Not much 38, 44 or 357 that I could see. Store was packed with people too. If youre looking for 9mm. Get up there. I Picked up a Target Mini-14 and 1000 rnds of 223. I was supposed to just get ammo (according to the wifey) Oh well.

Quick get it soon... before the Zombies get here.... [rolleyes]

[rofl]

i hear you on that!

i also believe the market will sabilize by Fall. i'm even mad at myself for buying into it somewhat.

this is insane! but i'll have stories to tell [smile]

"one time, i walked 10 miles to a gun store and they only had 100-rd packs of .22LR for $500 dollars"

Back
Top Bottom