• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting Story About 10/22 Used by IDF

Artie

NES Member
I thought this was an interesting story about the IDF using the 10/22. I guess the rubber bullets and tear gas weren't as effective as taking out the legs of their enemy.
http://www.rugertalk.com/The-plinker-went-to-war-The-IDFs-Ruger-10-22-Ruger-Talk.html

Wanted to acknowledge the NESers that have mentioned this in the past:

If I remember correctly, the IDF and or Mosad use modified Ruger 10/22s as sniper weapons in certain conditions.

10/22 shoot the ringleader in the leg from a distance/cover. Was a very successful anti riot practice for the IDF until their courts stopped it.
and a .458 winchester magnum for backup in case looters free elephants from the local zoo and the elephants are rooting your lawn.

Recent article about IDF taking out the legs and feet of rioters:
In Gaza protests, Israeli troops aim for the legs

“Sniper rifles against hundreds or thousands of rioters that are violently trying to get into Israel with the open aim of killing Israeli civilians or abducting Israeli soldiers, I don’t think that’s disproportionate,” he said. “I don’t think it’s disproportionate to shoot at feet or legs to get them to stop, rather than killing them.”

there is a cool video taken by the idf of snipers shooting at kneecaps of the suspected leaders of mobs with 16" heavy barreled, suppressed 10/22's buried on you tube somewhere. i watched it a few years ago but can't locate it now. maybe someone else has seen it?
'

The article didn't say it explicitly, but the implied message is that "shooting legs baaaaaad". Well, how many times has a liberal said "Why didn't they shoot the gun out of his hand?" or some such stupidity. I guess they'd prefer that the rock throwers get shot in the face? Just can't please some people...

The article didn't say it explicitly, but the implied message is that "shooting legs baaaaaad". Well, how many times has a liberal said "Why didn't they shoot the gun out of his hand?" or some such stupidity. I guess they'd prefer that the rock throwers get shot in the face? Just can't please some people...
I guess I have to side with the liberals on this one, I’d much rather see the ————-s shot in the face than in the legs.

I guess I have to side with the liberals on this one, I’d much rather see the ————-s shot in the face than in the legs.
Agreed. Throw a rock or molotov at me and I'm aiming center mass. I was just pointing up the potential hypocrisy of them saying it's bad to take non-fatal shots. Unless they were REALLY saying that shooting back using anything other than marshmallows is bad...

Who cares about disproportionate ... hundreds of potential invaders ready to storm into another country to commit violent crime... I say: two rounds in the air and, if they don't scatter, start aiming for their faces! Happy Hannekah!

Back
Top Bottom