Interest in Ammo Cans? Potential bulk deal...

The 30 cal cans are definitely a no go, just not worth it. Most I could save everyone is like $1 each. Still waiting to hear back on the 50s. Whoever gets the armygear.net cans needs to post pics when they arrive.

You can get the cans direct from the Government, but then there is the issue of arranging shipping. On the other hand, if you pick a state like NY, it might make for a better deal if you can find someone with a trailer capable of carrying, say, 9000lbs of cans, and had a day to spend driving back and forth!!!!

-ed

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=ammo%20can&Ntk=P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&words=ammo%20can&cmd=keyword

Some of these even have brass! Somebody with ambition should look into the cost of getting the pallet with brass shipped up here.

I'd be interested in purchasing a few cans, any caliber. As of now I only have an 840 cartidge 5.56mm can I got for 7 bucks a few years ago. I went to our closest army navy store the other day and all the ammo cans are at least 15$,even the tiny ones.

There is a fellow that we have bought cans from before. He has really nice product (or
at least he used to). Only problem is you have to go there and pick them up. Not a bad
drive especially if you are in the Blackstone Valley. They used to be cheaper than $9.

ETA: I just called the guy and he doesn't have any. He said that they are really tight
right now and said to check back from time to time to see if he has any. I would take
a trip down and fill up the truck and just add a small surcharge to pay for the gas if he
gets some. I'll check back next month again.

Last edited:
There is a fellow that we have bought cans from before. He has really nice product (or
at least he used to). Only problem is you have to go there and pick them up. Not a bad
drive especially if you are in the Blackstone Valley. They used to be cheaper than $9.

ETA: I just called the guy and he doesn't have any. He said that they are really tight
right now and said to check back from time to time to see if he has any. I would take
a trip down and fill up the truck and just add a small surcharge to pay for the gas if he
gets some. I'll check back next month again.

That would be very helpful. I have been trying to get some of the Fat 50 cans for over a month now from a guy and he just doesn't seem to want to respond. I have ammo piling up with no cans to put it in!

Sorry for the lack of update in this thread. In the end it came down to logistics. In the end i had a nice deal worked out for 4 half palletes of cans + freight shipping to my house. However, the freight company expects you to unload them off the truck with a forklift, they could not provide one other than for an absurd amount of money completely ruining the deal. If anyone has a forklift in the garage and wants to take over the deal, let me know I will forward everything i have.

I've never purchased from but have heard that many people go through Armygear.net for ammo cans. I just did a mock order and for ten .30cal cans shipped to Massachusetts it was $65.

I just received an order from these guys.
I bought 7 .30 cal and 4 .50 cal. The total including shipping was $77.11. That works out to an average price of $7.01 per can. The cans are in excellent shape, no dents, no rust.

I bought 7 .30 cal and 4 .50 cal. The total including shipping was $77.11. That works out to an average price of $7.01 per can. The cans are in excellent shape, no dents, no rust.

I got the ones I ordered a while back and I couldn't be happier with them.

The current price for seven thirties and four fifties, including UPS shipping to MA, is almost
$100, or about $9/can. The price for the nine fifties, including shipping is about $80.

The current price for seven thirties and four fifties, including UPS shipping to MA, is almost
$100, or about $9/can. The price for the nine fifties, including shipping is about $80.

Wow, it looks like I got my order in just in time. They must have just had a price increase. The 30s went from $3.98 to $5.49 and the 50s jumped from $4.69 to $6.49.

Sorry for the lack of update in this thread. In the end it came down to logistics. In the end i had a nice deal worked out for 4 half palletes of cans + freight shipping to my house. However, the freight company expects you to unload them off the truck with a forklift, they could not provide one other than for an absurd amount of money completely ruining the deal. If anyone has a forklift in the garage and wants to take over the deal, let me know I will forward everything i have.

I had a thought on this, but for other reasons (bulk grain).

Does anyone work at or own a company with a loading dock which would be willing to accept and unload such shipments?

I'm racking my brain...when I ordered my Troybilt rototiller all those years ago, it went to a shipping company in Lawrence? Lowell? I showed up with my truck and they fork lifted the thing straight into the back. Maybe there exists some alternatives to home delivery...if only I had a brain (cell left).

NES Group buy on a warehouse / loading dock rental?

I bought a refrigerator a couple months ago from a place in Tennessee and it was shipped by New Penn freight (http://www.newpenn.com/). They called to arrange delivery and when they found it was a residence, they had no problem bringing it on an 18-wheeler with a liftgate on the trailer. The refrigerator was on a pallet, I don't know what the actual cost of shipping was but I paid $89 I think (the shipper might have subsidized it).

Back
Top Bottom