Interest in Ammo Cans? Potential bulk deal...

Any interest on here for 30 cal ammo cans at ~$9 each? Yes, I know this is Distinguished Pistol Shot territory but since he doesn't have any left I figured I would go ahead and try to find somewhere that did. I found that while the cans were relatively cheap, the shipping prices were insane. I managed to work out a bulk deal with a company which brings each can price to $9 give or take 25-50 cents.

If you are interested, please post how many. Just trying to see if this bulk deal would be worthwhile. I know it's not the best price, but it beats most prices on the internet after shipping.

I'm working on it guys, waiting on a freight quote. I think I'm going to be shipping these to mommy and daddy's house. They are gonna love the tractor trailer pulling up and unloading 3 pallets into the driveway of ammo cans.

Side Note: Working on a price for a lot of 50 cal cans as well. They had lots of 25mm cans, but those were the size of small refrigerators.

Last edited:
I've never purchased from but have heard that many people go through Armygear.net for ammo cans. I just did a mock order and for ten .30cal cans shipped to Massachusetts it was $65.

Another alternative is if you are near wareham, MA, the Bananas army surplus store has .30 cal ammo cans for 9.99 each, and you can hand pick. They had an estimated pallet sized stack 4 feet high when I was there a few weeks ago. Gotta dig, I bought 5 that seemed to be new. There were also some containing water.

I've never purchased from but have heard that many people go through Armygear.net for ammo cans. I just did a mock order and for ten .30cal cans shipped to Massachusetts it was $65.

Another alternative is if you are near wareham, MA, the Bananas army surplus store has .30 cal ammo cans for 9.99 each, and you can hand pick. They had an estimated pallet sized stack 4 feet high when I was there a few weeks ago. Gotta dig, I bought 5 that seemed to be new. There were also some containing water.

Thanks for the link, that definitely kills my price right out of the water. This deal could be dead before it even begun. Has anyone bought from armygear? At those prices I'd be concerned about quality. I'm going to shoot them an email and see if i can get a pallet price.

IIRC, group buys can only be run in the members section of the forums. (and you need to get permission first) Mods feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

+1 bananas has tons of them.

IIRC, group buys can only be run in the members section of the forums. (and you need to get permission first) Mods feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

not really a group buy, I'm fronting the cash for everything. Just seeing if there would be interest for cans if they were available.

Thanks for your interest though.

What did they have for an assortment? I have been looking to get some more of the "Fat 50" cans - also called "SAW" cans.

Doesn't seem to be too many of them around.

I just ordered a dozen .30 Cal cans from these guys for $76.03 including shipping. That works out to $6.33 each.

Not to crap on your group buy Squished, but why go through the hassle when they're this cheap?

EC, I wasn't aware of armygear.net before I posted this thread. Glad I did post it though, because someone came up with the armygear.net and a better price. That's what this forum is about, helping others(atleast i think so anyway). Could you please let us know the quality of the cans when they arrive?(rusty, dented, spray painted, etc)

I found a lead on some 50 cal cans, which I prefer since the 30 cal cans are very small. For now, I'm going to shift my focus to the 50 cal cans.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in larger ammo cans, the Army/Navy store in Kingson (forget the name, possibly another Banana's???), I just bought some 20mm cans there. They also had other odd sizes as well as 30 & 50 cal cans. Their selection was starting to get kinda ratty though, best cans have been taken.

If anyone is interested in larger ammo cans, the Army/Navy store in Kingson (forget the name, possibly another Banana's???), I just bought some 20mm cans there. They also had other odd sizes as well as 30 & 50 cal cans. Their selection was starting to get kinda ratty though, best cans have been taken.

The one in Kingston is a satellite store.

SAW cans rule!

Also see if they have any Fat 50 / SAW / Squad cans. Just slightly bigger (12" x 7" x 8 1/2") than the standard 50's but that little extra makes a huge difference! I've found them on ebay deals from time to time at about $10 shipped when getting 3-4.

View attachment 3119

Back
Top Bottom