Interest in a MA milsurp meet-up?

I'm a member of Harvard Sportsmen's Club in Harvard/Littleton/Boxboro which is just off 495. They allow members to bring as many guests as they would like. Given the club's location and guest policy, I think it would make a good range for a meet-up.

I have an affliction that makes me continually buy milsurp, and I'd love to share what I've got with other people who would appreciate it. Would anyone be interested?

I attended an Appleseed shoot at that club. It really is a nice place! Great people too.....I can't get off Cape Cod until Columbus Day....the damn tourists have arrived!

I attended an Appleseed shoot at that club. It really is a nice place! Great people too.....I can't get off Cape Cod until Columbus Day....the damn tourists have arrived!

Use the tunnel!

You have that pass don't you?

[rofl]

Okay, so about a dozen people have responded as being interested. That's fantastic. Now for the difficult part--figuring out the details.

Right now I'm thinking Saturday the 18th... Probably early-ish, maybe 9am? Although we can do later--I'm sure a percentage of people would be traveling some distance.

A couple of the finer details: the club has a gate and I would have to let everyone in, so we would all have to wait at the gate together until everyone arrives. I don't think trickling in would be particularly efficient. Secondly, as the person bringing in the guests I would be responsible for all of you guys, aka I can't leave you guys alone to grab someone at the gate or something. Hopefully another Harvard member will be able to go and share some of the responsibility.

The 18th is the car shoot so there might be a conflict there. I'd rather do the milsurp though and, seeing as that day is my birthday, I get to call the shots [wink]

I'm also a member at HSC and can help get people in through the gate.

Speaking of which, might as well mention some Harvard rules, just to make sure we're all on the same page. We run a cold range so no loaded firearms on the bench - holstered carry gun is fine, as is the one you're about to shoot (obviously). Everything else must be unloaded, bolt pulled back, and ejection port facing up so it's obvious to all that the gun is clear. Also, guns must be pointed downrange at all times (again, obviously). Finally, don't even touch firearms if there's a ceasefire and someone is going downrange to change targets or whatever.

Okay, so about a dozen people have responded as being interested. That's fantastic. Now for the difficult part--figuring out the details.

Right now I'm thinking Saturday the 18th... Probably early-ish, maybe 9am? Although we can do later--I'm sure a percentage of people would be traveling some distance.

A couple of the finer details: the club has a gate and I would have to let everyone in, so we would all have to wait at the gate together until everyone arrives. I don't think trickling in would be particularly efficient. Secondly, as the person bringing in the guests I would be responsible for all of you guys, aka I can't leave you guys alone to grab someone at the gate or something. Hopefully another Harvard member will be able to go and share some of the responsibility.

9AM is too early for me.

But I'm awfully lazy, and not very good company, so don't change any plans on my account.

I can't make the 18th (civil war reenactment that day) however if the date changes or this becomes a thing I'm totally in.

Sorry to say that I can't make the 18th either. I'm RO at Braintree R&P that day from 10AM to 12:30PM.

Can't do the 18th. Besides the NES shoot, there is also the GOAL Shoot-BQ on the 18th.

There's a steel challenge match at Harvard that same day which I'm going to. Maybe I can swing by afterwards if you guys are still around...

Okay, so I've gotten some really good feedback. Jack had a good point that I should check with the club before bringing a a few dozen guests. Unfortunately the next club meeting is August 4th. I'll go to that meeting and seek approval for a larger group. But until then I'm thinking the first meetup should be eight or so people.

So, yes, we're on for Saturday the 18th at 9am. If you can make it, PM me and I'll send you my phone number and put you on a list.

If you can't make it, don't worry--unless things go horribly wrong, I'm going to want to do this again. For the second meetup we can change times to include some people that can't do Saturday mornings (and hopefully I'll feel comfortable with more people).

Back
Top Bottom