• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Info on CZ 70 .32ACP

Just ordered one for the hell of it. I've always wanted a Walther PPK but this looked close enough for now. Do any of you have one? and what do you think? Info please.

It' the same gun as the CZ50, with a few minor upgrades. (grips, safety, take down button, etc...).

I like my CZ50, but it will only feed reliably with ball ammo. The DA trigger pull is horrendous. They are quite accurate due to the fixed barrel.

The CZ70 doesn't really fit into the "milsurp" category, but hey, I won't bust your balls about it. [smile]

I just got a CZ 50 via my C&R last week. There is something about this little gun that I just liked from the first time I saw one. It wasn't high on my list but I stumbled on a great buy and jumped on it a few weeks ago. I got it to the range over the weekend and loved it. Just a plinker (OBVIOUSLY) but very reliable and accurate as heck. Even the sights weren't that bad. I was surprised at the heft it has for a small but not tiny pistol. Solidly built. Very simple to field strip for cleaning. More comfortable with the mags that have the pinky extension. I shot Fiocchi and S&B ammo with 3 stove pipes out of about 200 rounds. I was impressed as it was probably me limp wristing it and not the gun. My son was busting them on me as the lowly 32 acp barely moved the hanging steel plate we were shooting at and he could hardly hear the "clang" when I hit it (75 yards out...at least I hit it [dance]).

I found copies of a manual on line..I'll see if I can find the link again if you're interested. In case I can't PM me you address and I'll pop a copy of it in the mail.

You "ordered" a CZ 70!?! I didn't think they were CR yet? Good for you as I understand they are a little more durable than the original CZ 50s but pretty much everything is interchangable. Kind of like a mini CZ 52 but much better looking [smile]. Can't wait to see pics!

The CZ70 is not C&R yet. But yes, all the parts are interchangeable with CZ50 parts. You'll see them at gunshows or on Gunbroker.com where the gun is assembled from random parts from both models. So even if the frame is CZ50 and other parts are CZ70, technically it can't be sold as C&R.

The internal workings of the CZ52, and the CZ50/70 are very similar too. They basically took the CZ50 and made it bigger, and gave it the roller-locking bolt design. Originally, the CZ52 was a DA/SA pistol as well. It was changed to SA when approved for service.

Not C&R yet? I called XXXX this morning and she didnt say anything of that sort. She said it will be at my house on Thursday. I also asked questions about the Hungarian AP-7 and placed an order for that also. I'll go check my email, perhaps she screwed up.

Last edited:
Well, I just called xxxx again to verify. You guys are right!!! She didnt notice that it wasn't C&R. I cancelled both orders. Thanks alot. Hey Carguy, I'll go check on those CZ 50's.

Well, XXXX dont sell them and XXXX is sold out and dont know when more are coming in. I prefer not to go through Auction Arms or Gunbroker.com. Any suggestions? Pm's welcome

Just ordered one for the hell of it. I've always wanted a Walther PPK but this looked close enough for now. Do any of you have one? and what do you think? Info please.

I have one and really like it. I bought it from an NES member. It is in gorgeous shape, had four extra mags, and an almost new holster that is hand numbered to the gun.

It is a very natural shooter, and built like a tank. I was nailing a plate at 55 feet right from the start.

It has that CZ feel all the way. That is a feel I like very much.

Good luck!

Rich

I had a .32 ACP i thought it was a good caliber, so i sold it .

a .380 is way better then the .32 ACP when both cost about the same for bullets and are very hard to find , its best to stick with a compact 9mm.

I had a .32 ACP i thought it was a good caliber, so i sold it .

a .380 is way better then the .32 ACP when both cost about the same for bullets and are very hard to find , its best to stick with a compact 9mm.

I buy 32acp ammo for $16.80 a box here in NH. Rileys and Wally world both have it. .380 is not to be found, except in my house![smile]!

My wife has a CZ70, it is not a PPK. It looks more like a Mini 1911.

Last edited:
For free stater's AIM has 32 auto ( 7.62 Browning) on sale. Brass cased non corrosive Sellier & Bellot. (not surplus)[smile]

Back
Top Bottom