Inexpensive Red Dot

I want to mount a red dot site on my 10/22. I don't have a lot (read: almost none) experience with scopes since I usually shoot short range with iron sights.

I just wanted to hear what sort of inexpensive sights any of you have used (not for competition, just fun), if they maintained their accuracy, if they had any structural problems or any other issues I should look out for before buying a sight. Thanks!

I have a tasco propoint that was mounted on my ar, untill I bought my eotech. I had no problems, I once attended a 3 day school where I fired over 500 rounds thru the AR, and I never had the thing lose zero.
I think they sell for about $100

Jen-

My old neighbor picked up a pretty cheap Tasco red dot on Midway once for like $25, and it turned out to work really well and held up just fine. I just checked and if you go to Midway and check out the "Monthly Specials", there are a few there for under $30 or $40...If it's just to plink and have fun, there's no sense in spending $100+ for one.

SiameseRat said:
I want to mount a red dot site on my 10/22. I don't have a lot (read: almost none) experience with scopes since I usually shoot short range with iron sights.

I just wanted to hear what sort of inexpensive sights any of you have used (not for competition, just fun), if they maintained their accuracy, if they had any structural problems or any other issues I should look out for before buying a sight. Thanks!

WAITJUSTACOTTONPICKIN'MINUTE!

You've got a 10/22 and yet you were driving the price of my model 60SS up?!?!?! Curse you! [smile]

I haven't yet fired the model 60SS, but I've got a $25 Tasco Red Dot sight from Midway USA that appears to function just fine. Also got a $10 4X20 Tasco scope. Yep, I'm a cheap bastard... [smile]

Tru Glo makes a nice one. I have one on my AK47 on a detachable side mount and its never failed even after bump firing with it on. Tru Glo makes diferent sized ones too with diferent brightness settings, and color, red or green. Natches Shooter Supplies sells em.

Jay G said:
WAITJUSTACOTTONPICKIN'MINUTE!

You've got a 10/22 and yet you were driving the price of my model 60SS up?!?!?! Curse you! [smile]

Can a girl ever have too many .22s? [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

And thanks for the input on the red dots. It's all very helpful. I'm working out a deal with Swatmedic to pick up one of his old sights, so this has been a good thread, indeed!

Back
Top Bottom