Increasing GOAL membership through gun shops.

*checking in, i have rec'd my batch.

thanks Mrs. Magnum! i will make it over to collectors later this week to drop them.

any suggestions on how to approach? like, "hi, we are trying to spread awareness for GOAL" - would you mind if i left these here? or maybe i can come back and work a stand for a couple hours one day???

thoughts? i've only been there three times, so i don't want to seem "salesman-ish" or scare customers away

They know me at Match Shot, so it was a very short conversation.

"Hey Charlie, do you know who GOAL is?"
"Yup"
"If I brought down some applications and flyers, could you put them up here in the store?"
"Yup."

Pretty simple. [laugh]

But for any shop in general, I think your best bet is to tell them how it will improve their business to support GOAL.

"Hi guys, I'm a GOAL member, and I didn't know if you were aware just how much they're doing to change the gun laws in Massachusetts. They have a very small number of members right now compared to the number of gun owners in this state, so every new member helps spread the word and increase their legislative power. Think of it this way, the more they make the laws uniform, easy to understand and friendly to the common citizen, the more customers you'll have wanting to buy guns, and if some of GOAL's pending legislation passes, you'll be able to sell even more types of guns (no more AWB, no safety class for an FID to keep guns in the home, etc.)."

If they're reasonable people, I don't see why they'd object.

thanks Mrs. Magnum! i will make it over to collectors later this week to drop them.

any suggestions on how to approach? like, "hi, we are trying to spread awareness for GOAL" - would you mind if i left these here? or maybe i can come back and work a stand for a couple hours one day???

thoughts? i've only been there three times, so i don't want to seem "salesman-ish" or scare customers away

Thanks Chet.

I just went in and asked if they'd mind handing one application out with every gun sold. Both FS and Blue Northern were totally onboard and liked the reason behind it.

GSG, I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to get to Stateline again. If you could, just bring some apps and I will also.

+1.

I was thinking the same thing. Should we print out a dozen applications and brochures? Can we get them mailed to volunteers? What's the recommended pitch line?

+1.

I was thinking the same thing. Should we print out a dozen applications and brochures? Can we get them mailed to volunteers? What's the recommended pitch line?

12? I brought 100 to FS and a similar amount to Blue Northern. Hopefully that wasn't overly optimistic.

GSG, I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to get to Stateline again. If you could, just bring some apps and I will also.

I honestly don't think I'll be making it up there anytime soon, I'm moving quite soon and I don't have any business up that way until then. But if I do I'll give them some and post it here.

Oh, and BTW, bring as many freakin' apps to the store as they'll take. Better too many than not enough IMO.

I know the owner of Gun and Sporth North very well. I will ask him. He hasn't turned down a worthy cause yet. I was talking to him about maybe giving away pocket constitutions the other day he seemed receptive. I will get back to you guys with what he wants for apps and such. I am prettu sure he already mentions GOAL to people but maybe not as much as he could.

12? I brought 100 to FS and a similar amount to Blue Northern. Hopefully that wasn't overly optimistic.

I just threw a number out there. I'd figure they'd tear through them quickly and then call GOAL for more! [wink]

Is there a list of shops that have been contacted?

I just threw a number out there. I'd figure they'd tear through them quickly and then call GOAL for more! [wink]

Is there a list of shops that have been contacted?

So far, I gave applications to Four Seasons and Blue Northern, Terraformer went to North Short Firearms and Chet is going to Collectors. Stateline also said they'd be happy to do it but I didn't have any applications with me when I went.

I might be in the area of AG in Lowell this week and if I am, I'll bring some applications to them also.

Thanks for helping the cause Mike.

So far, I gave applications to Four Seasons and Blue Northern, Terraformer went to North Short Firearms and Chet is going to Collectors. Stateline also said they'd be happy to do it but I didn't have any applications with me when I went.

I might be in the area of AG in Lowell this week and if I am, I'll bring some applications to them also.

Thanks for helping the cause Mike.

I have this Friday off from work.

I'll scope out Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro and Northeast Trading in North Attleboro (wish me luck!)

I have this Friday off from work.

I'll scope out Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro and Northeast Trading in North Attleboro (wish me luck!)

Remember, they should hand them out with the printouts that the state mandates after every gun purchase. It would be even better if during their safety spiel, they actually talk up GOAL. Too bad the run is over for a while but maybe with ammo purchases, etc. We need to spread the word as far and wide.

PaulD or terraformer, do you guys have any brochures from Kim? I just fired of an email to her. I'm not sure if she'll send them via snail mail though -- I was hoping to hit up my "targets" this Friday. Do you guys have a link to them on the GOAL site or have any extras in your possession.

I think having the brochures and applications might make a better sell.

PaulD or terraformer, do you guys have any brochures from Kim? I just fired of an email to her. I'm not sure if she'll send them via snail mail though -- I was hoping to hit up my "targets" this Friday. Do you guys have a link to them on the GOAL site or have any extras in your possession.

She send me some nice card stock applications and those went to Blue Northern. For FS, I printed out the PDF in color. The PDF probably doesn't sell as well but Carl promised to talk it up so hopefully it will be a good result.

You can find the PDF a few pages back in this thread. Otherwise, you might want to stop in at the GOAL office. While you're there, you could go over to Titegroup across the street.

I printed some but send her your address and she will send you some as well.

100 at FS is a good start, but he probably sells that many guns/week, so they won't last long. [wink] That's a good thing. Now how many will people fill out and join? That's the $64K question.

Thanks Mike - Got your email and will get applications off to you tomorrow, I think they take a day or two to reach you so you should be in good shape for Friday!

Thanks again guys!!

Thanks Mike - Got your email and will get applications off to you tomorrow, I think they take a day or two to reach you so you should be in good shape for Friday!

Thanks again guys!!

Just called Rob at Gun and Sport North. He said he will put one in with every gun sale. Do you think you could mail mine tomorrow to? Then I could drop them off on Friday after work. I will PM my address.

Thanks again guys!!

I'll post up my experience at Bass Pro and NET. I think I'm going to have better luck at NET since Bass Pro folks may have corporate prohibitions that forbid them from doing something like this. Never know though unless you try.

checkin in.

i dropped off the apps @ Collectors today. They were real receptive about the idea.

i'll try and make it there every other month or so - probably quarterly to drop some more.

as long as i get more [smile]

Thanks again guys!!

I got the stuff from you, but I've been too busy to make it back to Match Shot to drop it all off.

I'll keep everyone posted. But also, someone else will need to carry the torch for me at Match Shot, as I'm moving quite soon, so once those apps run out, I won't be able to get more to them.

Thanks again to Chet and GSG. Every little bit helps.

Also, Chet, nice avatar but it needs a fluffy little bunny before I puke.[smile]

Also, Chet, nice avatar but it needs a fluffy little bunny before I puke.[smile]

Shhhh... Don't encourage him... [grin]

PS: I am dropping off 100 more apps to NSF tomorrow. And I apparently will be doing a road trip to ZHA in the coming weeks and will drop off a nice stack when I get there. But I can tell you with their volume, I will only be dropping off less than a weeks worth of apps.

hey t-dog, you mentioned you printed the apps, do you hava link? or anyone can e-mail to me? i can do small volume printing from home as well, even if it's just a small generic flyer on standard 8.5 x 11" paper. -maybe i can splurge and get pink or royal blue.

hey t-dog, you mentioned you printed the apps, do you hava link? or anyone can e-mail to me? i can do small volume printing from home as well, even if it's just a small generic flyer on standard 8.5 x 11" paper. -maybe i can splurge and get pink or royal blue.

ETA Email Inbound. I actually had it.

So far, all the shops I and anyone else has asked have been enthusiastic.

yeah, collectors was good, and mind you - this was my 4th time there. I was a little weary as the "no soliciting" sticker is on the front door. but i had a plan. I was buying something anyway! [laugh]

once i showed him the pamplets and assembled the plastic thingies, they were cool.

all others:
PS: they had the Savage Precision Carbine with digital (ACU) accustock in .308. list price: $713 - i fondled it and got two more boxes of 168gr .308 to feed my SPS. OMG, somehow, I managed to walk out w/o buying more than ammo.

Anyone get to North Shore yet? I bought a gun and didnt get any GOAL stuff.

Yeah, I dropped off 25 of them a week or two ago. I suspect they sell more than 25 in that time so they may have run out. Hell, two NESrs today bought that same shotgun you got from NSF. I just printed out 100 of them to drop off when I get a chance to swing by there. Plus they have the apps and the pamphlets at the end of the counter too.

ETA: Keep in mind when dropping this stuff off. Make the connection that us buying stuff is in their best interest and our ability to buy stuff is hinged on GOAL being successful in their pursuits.

Back
Top Bottom