• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In case you weren't sure that investing in food storage was a good idea...

I saw a post earlier about a deal on Mountain House. Wasn't good enough to make me jump on it. Anyone have a lead on a good deal? Looking for 1-2 months for two adults to start my long term storage .

I saw a post earlier about a deal on Mountain House. Wasn't good enough to make me jump on it. Anyone have a lead on a good deal? Looking for 1-2 months for two adults to start my long term storage .

Did you see both of them?

The Woot deal.

The 20% off code MHSUR2015 for the MH website, if it doesn't work add more to the cart as IIRC there was a minimum(I just checked and it's still working).

I hear the viral chickens taste better.

That's because they're more tender having been zombiefied. [laugh]

Is there a bishops store house near any of you ?

IE: LDS CHURCH.

With the exception of meat-based protein, you can set up canned long term storage there in a hurry.

Can bacon after that with your pressure canner. Watch the flupocalypse while you are eating bean salad and nibbling on bacon. Profit.

With the exception of meat-based protein, you can set up canned long term storage there in a hurry.

Can bacon after that with your pressure canner. Watch the flupocalypse while you are eating bean salad and nibbling on bacon. Profit.

Didn't the LDS canneries recently stop doing the "can your own" stuff, and move towards all pre-canned?

The ones on my coast did stop the local canning and their canning machines were sent back to teh big house IE: SLC Utah..
But I wasnt aware if the east coast went along with what my local LDS Bishops Storehouse was doing.

Didn't the LDS canneries recently stop doing the "can your own" stuff, and move towards all pre-canned?

Ive had a few samples. Its ok. Better than eating dirt. And no need to keep rotating out the cans. Not as good as other Brands ive tried, but the price was right.

The sale made me think of the "would you eat a human?" thread. This will help me say "no, no I would not". I hope.

Have you eaten their stuff before?

Correct Its always a good idea to use what you buy ahead of what ever natural or man made disaster your prepping for..

Rice and beans is gonna get real old if thats all there is...and aint gonna be any fresh fruit or other items that you get from the (this is for those in Mass, I learned about yall when I was there in 10) the packie.

I also get storage food from the LDS Pantry or aka Bishops storehouse.

Have you eaten their stuff before?

Last edited:
Derek had mentioned Augason Farms to me in a different post last year. I ordered some of their freeze dried provision and tried them. Overall they were pretty good and not as salty as the Wise food that I had tasted previously. If you sign up for the AF's email alerts they have rotating sales on all of their stock. Pricing is pretty good as well. So far I have about 3-4 months set aside for the wife and I and will be buying more.

Ive had a few samples. Its ok. Better than eating dirt. And no need to keep rotating out the cans. Not as good as other Brands ive tried, but the price was right.

The sale made me think of the "would you eat a human?" thread. This will help me say "no, no I would not". I hope.

Just making sure. I didnt want you to be surprised when the time came. [grin]

Derek had mentioned Augason Farms to me in a different post last year. I ordered some of their freeze dried provision and tried them. Overall they were pretty good and not as salty as the Wise food that I had tasted previously. If you sign up for the AF's email alerts they have rotating sales on all of their stock. Pricing is pretty good as well. So far I have about 3-4 months set aside for the wife and I and will be buying more.
Walmart stocks a lot of their stuff and you can get free shipping on $50+ orders. An easy way to slowly develop food storage.

My wife wasn't interested in the Wise sale when I mentioned it this morning. I bought it anyway with my money. Not the joint account. It will be a shame to watch her starve while I have a full belly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom