Impulse Buy

So I went to check out the new hoffman's gun center in CT today with a friend. Huge store with tons of toys. Anyway, I spotted a lonely s SKS on a rack and went over... Now I really dont know much all about SKS's, but this one looked like it was brand new, stock was damn near perfect and everything. Its a norinco and all the numbers were matching. It didnt have a price on it so i asked an employee. $200 bucks. I decided I should grab it. Sorry I dont have any pics (damn 14 day waiting period) but does that sound like a good deal on a mint norinco?

Also, when I bring it home to MA i need to fill out an FA-10 right?

Good Yugos go for around $230 from a wholesaler if your have a C&R...I don't know how Norinco stacks up...but it sounds like a good buy to me. I love my SKS

14 day wait? Would they have shipped it to an FFL in MA for you? You'd have to pay a few bucks for the shipping and a few more for the transfer, but with the price of gas these days...might be worth it. The FFL would do an FA-10 or MIRCS registration for you too, from my experience.

If you do go back and get it, yes, you do need to fill out and mail an FA-10 registration yourself.

well im at school in CT right now so thats why I will just go back and pick it up. Ive been doing some research, and will add that it has a spiked bayo and the stock finish is blonde. not sure what model it is though

Yep, fill out a 'registration' FA-10 within 7 days of the gun entering the state.

Congrats on the SKS! I've been meaning to pick one of those up myself.
well that FA-10 will give me a reason for popping into the PD and asking where my LTC is! [angry] it will be up to 9 weeks when i pick up the gun in 2 weeks.

hey ray, I definitely need to meet up with you so you can give it the once over and tell me how to clean etc. pm me and we will meet up next time your at sippican

2 week wait before i can even pick up the sks....

Yep, I should have remembered after reading... long day today.[sad]

Best thing is for you to PM me when you get it and I'll meet you there that weekend and bring a few of mine. I'll bring a few stripper clips for you also.

Back
Top Bottom