Importance of Green (LTC) Comunities

I was thinking the other day about how moving to my Central MA farm town 5 years ago has really changed my life for the better. Not only do I love my community, but living here has opened up hunting and the shooting sports to me. I was raised in Watertown, and spent my early 20's living in Allston/Brighton and Newton. I didn't even think about that people actually owned firearms let alone hunted and shot in this state east of I-91.

The odd thing is that I always considered myself to be and independent, libertarian minded thinker. It wasn't until I moved to a free(er) community that I realy thought about how people's liberties and constitutional rights get trampled on and these people have been so trained to accept it that it doesn't even phase them.

I'm not sure the actual point of this post, I just wanted to let somebody know how I felt. Thanks for listening.

We live it everyday, its just unfortunate that the media is so biased you never hear about it unless its local. This country is not advancing and the messiah probably won't help it out either. I work in Cambridge/Somerville a lot and the amount of clueless liberals and illegals is overwhelming.

I was thinking the other day about how moving to my Central MA farm town 5 years ago has really changed my life for the better. Not only do I love my community, but living here has opened up hunting and the shooting sports to me. I was raised in Watertown, and spent my early 20's living in Allston/Brighton and Newton. I didn't even think about that people actually owned firearms let alone hunted and shot in this state east of I-91.

The odd thing is that I always considered myself to be and independent, libertarian minded thinker. It wasn't until I moved to a free(er) community that I realy thought about how people's liberties and constitutional rights get trampled on and these people have been so trained to accept it that it doesn't even phase them.

I'm not sure the actual point of this post, I just wanted to let somebody know how I felt. Thanks for listening.

If you dont mind my asking what town is it? I too live in a tiny little central MA farm town. It's great, while the small town politics are just as frustrating sometimes you notice real quick how more "realistic" attitudes prevail! [smile]

Zenprop I hear you. I lived all over Boston in my teens and 20s (Allston Rock City among the various pits). I moved to Western MA in my early 30s ostensibly for Grad School and just never left. I had a brief connection with firearms as a child but when I was hit with the urge to shoot again, and then found out I live is a very green town, boy was that happy days. Now in the rare instances when I imagine living in the eastern part of the state, the whole vision falls apart when I remember back to Moon Island, Boston's wasteland of denied permits...

Really good for you zenprop. I too had a similar experience. Unfortunately not all little central MA farm towns are as enlightened as yours.

I now live in Grafton. It's more "farmy" than you all think, especially off of the main roads. The local government is really caught between the need/possibilities of expansion and keeping the small town roots.

WOW... If I did not know any better, I wrote that! [grin]
Nice to see you are in the "free green" zone!

On occasion when I visit my old stomping grounds in Newton, the Mrs. always asks me how I could have put up with the houses right on top of each other...traffic...noise...smell. And to apply for an LTC-A, even though I had several friends who were Newton Police, I was laughed at at the notion of filing since that would have been a waste of money and a denial.

Now, several years later, I am the one who is laughing. [smile]
Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty we are free at last!

[smile]

Zenprop I hear you. I lived all over Boston in my teens and 20s (Allston Rock City among the various pits). I moved to Western MA in my early 30s ostensibly for Grad School and just never left. I had a brief connection with firearms as a child but when I was hit with the urge to shoot again, and then found out I live is a very green town, boy was that happy days. Now in the rare instances when I imagine living in the eastern part of the state, the whole vision falls apart when I remember back to Moon Island, Boston's wasteland of denied permits...

People actually fail that test?! I consider myself to be a solid (not great) pistol shooter, but I was way out of practice when I took it and had no issues.

I can't wait to get out of the city. Living in a 'free' state is great on some aspects but I do miss the rural atmosphere and way of life.

Really glad you found a place you love living in, that makes life so much more sweet.

I now live in Grafton. It's more "farmy" than you all think, especially off of the main roads. The local government is really caught between the need/possibilities of expansion and keeping the small town roots.

I'm in Grafton too...nice town. I'd love to get into hunting if there are places around town that allow that.

Back
Top Bottom