I'm looking for a small revolver with easy/light trigger for wife (arthritis is worse)

Yes I would have liked that too but decided against it as every gun safety instructor recommended not to modify a stock trigger pull or anything action-wise on a home defense gun or the DA could [however rare] try to use that to bury you. Grips lights or better sights seem 'okay'. Does that sound right? My range Beretta has about as light a single action as you can get though.
I’m less worried about a jury sending me to government funded boarding school than I am about some a**h*** breaking into my house with intent to harm.

Yes I would have liked that too but decided against it as every gun safety instructor recommended not to modify a stock trigger pull or anything action-wise on a home defense gun or the DA could [however rare] try to use that to bury you.
This is a hotly debated issue. An equal argument says you had better not have single-action capability on that revolver, either, regardless of whether it is stock. I don't think about such matters. Seems like an epsilon squared (an improbability in the context of an improbability) consideration for home defense. It's more likely to be relevant to a cop, I think.

Having said that, people are generally too eager to lighten the double action pull on revolvers. Arthritis is a good reason to, as is competition, probably, so it doesn't apply here, but most people seem to want it, and usually they like their existing trigger less than they should because they don't have enough revolver DA trigger time. If you are going to lighten the DA pull on a HD gun, a good place to start is just to drop the return spring from stock to the next lighter thing. That way you won't be flirting with light primer strikes. For me that's normally been all I needed to do. You don't want to make the return spring too light because at some lower level of spring tension, the trigger return will be slower or even hang up.

Well I can offer a solid opinion on what to NOT buy and that would be the .38 LCR. That snub packs some painfull recoil. My wife bought one because it felt very nice in the hand and dry firing, but when my wife got it to the range she absolutely hated the recoil after shooting 20 rounds. She now has the Sig P238 and is totally happy .

Forget the revolver and get her and M&P Shield EZ in .380 or 9mm. It will have lighter recoil and it is designed to be operated by people with less hand strength or physical ability. A small revolver is going to be snappy and hard to hit with and is an experts gun, not for someone that has arthritis that doesn't shoot a lot, and they all have heavier triggers. The shield EZ has a 5lb trigger and is easy to load and operate and rack the slide on, actually probably much easier than manipulating the cylinder release on most revolvers.

No point in responding further unless the OP engages to clarify the context. I know what a “small revolver” is in the context of a carry gun, but there was no mention of the LC9s failing in its carry role. Maybe here “small” means “not a hand cannon”?

So my wife's arthritis is getting (much) worse and she's having increasing difficulty with trigger pull...She carries semi-auto (LC9s) but we are also looking for a revolver for her for the nightstand etc (BUT with easy/gentle trigger).

Suggestions?? (PS: we are in MA, if that matters for ridiculous legal reasons)

Thanks in advance for your advice...
You will never get a revolver with a trigger as light as you can get a semi auto.

Assuming you sre pulling the trigger with the hammer down. If the revolver has an exposed hammer and you have it cooked, the first shot will be very light. The follow up shots will be back up to heavy.

Even tuned competition revolvers rsrely get below 5lbs, and those are set up to use Federal primers, they won't ignite factory ammo reliably.

The lightest revolver I have is at 4.5lbs after having a gunsmith polish everything, replace every spring, replace the hammer, extend the firing pin and I finally unscrewed the main spring a little to make it lighter.

I don’t know how easy this is to find, but this with a knowledgeable smith for the first trigger pull.?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley–Fosbery_Automatic_Revolver

Ruger LCR (centerfire models) is the only revolver that will provide a light enough trigger pull and needs no Gunsmithing. The rimfire models have heavier triggers to ensure ignition.

I don’t know how easy this is to find, but this with a knowledgeable smith for the first trigger pull.?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley–Fosbery_Automatic_Revolver

Whoah, bud! Step back from the crack pipe!

Webley Fosberys are among the most collectible of Holy Grails out there. They never really get below five figures, are hard to find even at that price, and if you even mention getting a gunsmith to take a stone to any of the internals, you'd get the lads at Gunboards out with pitchforks and torches.

They're also really, really big.

Whoah, bud! Step back from the crack pipe!

Webley Fosberys are among the most collectible of Holy Grails out there. They never really get below five figures, are hard to find even at that price, and if you even mention getting a gunsmith to take a stone to any of the internals, you'd get the lads at Gunboards out with pitchforks and torches.

They're also really, really big.
Details details details. Phhttt!😂

Details details details. Phhttt!😂

I own nine Webleys. I'd love a Fosbery, but not for the price it would take. Gunbroker usually has them BIN at 13k or so, but the market is SUPER-tiny.

It's kind of a gimmicky gun anyhow. Though, it does have a safety on it...

I own nine Webleys. I'd love a Fosbery, but not for the price it would take. Gunbroker usually has them BIN at 13k or so, but the market is SUPER-tiny.

It's kind of a gimmicky gun anyhow. Though, it does have a safety on it...
13k? I’ll take two!
(Cuz I love the ziggity zag lines on the cylinders)🤣

Interjecing in the S&W luvfest here.
I forget the make but there's a double .22 revolver the has a trigger you can put two fingers on and fires 2 shots with one pull.
Probably unavailable in Mass tho.
22 mag thunder bolt or something stupid.

Has a 14 lb trigger not what op wants

Back
Top Bottom