Im A BAD BOY!!!I think..

I was arrested 3 times.2 ouis and 1 A/B.I am 46 years old and these happened over 20 years ago.Since then I have not even got a parking ticket.All offenses were continued without a finding.Do I have a chance of getting a handgun permit???I live in weymouth.

Here's a good chance for you to ask someone who really knows. Talk to one of the attorneys on this board. Pay for their time and give them the facts. Don't hold anything back.

I'd say if there were never any convictions, and you never pled out, there is a possible chance for you to get a permit, Though it might be a pain in the butt, it's doable.

IANAL, but you should find out from someone who is, and knows their way around MGL and the courtroom.

You're not statutorily disqualified (you would be if your OUI convictions were more recent), but my guess is that you have an uphill battle ahead of you.

You received some good advice here: Hire a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing to help you through the application process.

Send a private message to members Cross-X or Scrivener. If you hire either of those guys, it will be money well spent.

Just a quick thought on the OUI's...
Even thought its been more than 20 years, the "look back" period is now - all the way back. If you get pinched again its your 3rd offense, which i believe is a mandatory 1 year minimum. So, the old defense of "I was just a kid when I got those OUI's gets you no where these days due to Melanies law ( a good law IMHO) as its a life time look back rather than 10 years as previous statute allowed. And, its .08 these days which dosnt take much. So if you are like me enjoy your liabations at home or always have a designated driver. Cheers!!

I don't know about Mass. law but CT states that you would have to have been CONVICTED or found GUILTY of any of a # of crimes on a list that they have published.OUI is not on there at all but again this is CT I'm talking about.I would look into that if you were actually found innocent and as expressed above to contact one of the attorneys mentioned on this board.Just a thought.

I'm in the same boat. Same three charges. I hired an attorney to help me. We are in the early stages of preparation. It's BS that all the things you had to pay for years ago, you have to again. I, as you, have made mistakes in the past. Twenty years ago. Why should we be judged for non disqualifying events that long ago. I'm a different person as I suspect you are. I've had an FID and many guns for the last twelve years and I haven't, nor will I, ever cause any problems with my firearms.
I will say that my boss is a LTC holder from Weymouth and he is one of very few.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom