Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

I wrote this code quickly with minimal typing. So it is not performant as it is single-threaded. But it will do the job... It will produce a table of the buy transactions for the entered code for both personal and dealer transactions. Adjust as necessary. Code is PowerShell. You will need to make a tweak or two. Obviously put in the ID number, and adjust the file paths to the applicable csv files. Yes, you can work with the data in Excel, but Excel is a dog when working with larger data sets. You can also adjust to produce info on your sales by adjusting the code as well.

Do not come to me for support. If you don't know how to do this, learn some PowerShell. Don't ask me to write code for you, unless you're paying me. You can run this on your own computer to work with the data. As you can view the code, you can validate it's safe and isn't doing anything nefarious. It's ingesting data, filtering the data based on criteria, and producing a formatted table from the data. That's it.

$myID = 'Put Your ID Number Here'

$DealerTransactionsNewer = Import-Csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\dealer_sales_2016-01-09_2021-12-31.csv'
$DealerTransactionsOlder = Import-Csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\dealer_sales_2004-06-01_2016-01-09.csv'
$personal = import-csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Personal Transfers_Registrations - 01.01.04-12.31.21.xlsx - Sheet1.csv'

$me = $DealerTransactions | where {$_.{BUYER PERSON ID} -eq $myID }
$me += $DealerTransactionsOlder | where {$_.{BUYER PERSON ID} -eq $myID }
$mePersonal = $personal | where {$_.{buyer person id} -eq $myID }

$me | ft -AutoSize "Transaction date","Dealer shop name", "make","model"
$mePersonal | ft -AutoSize "Date of Transaction","Make","Model"

As for the gentleman who posted the SQL Lite link, most people here aren't going to trust it. Even though you may not have any malicious JavaScript sent to the browser, the web app could still be tracking everything a user inputs into it in a back-end database, for whatever nefarious purposes. That data input could be tied to our IP addresses from the web server logs. We have zero visibility into what the app does with queries or information we input and zero visibility into your intentions for such.

Yes, it is very easy, to find yourself, and others in the data, and then discover, roughly, what they may have. In my case, several firearms are not in the records. I did those transactions by the book, so I don't know why. But that's not my problem to solve.

Last edited:
You guys write these codes, it is literally a filter in Excel once you know your ID. Give me an ID and I can find all the info faster than it took me to type this. Don't get me wrong, the code is cool and I hate filtering Excel.

Anyway (asking in general), I am still not sure what is the obsession with finding every single one of your transactions. If you cared this much why didn't you request it from the State using their form?

All that matters is as soon as you find your ID, you know you are there. Everything else shouldn't matter.

To those not finding all your transactions, are you Emailing the State to let them know? ... if the answer is "NO" Then why do you care?

Last edited:
As for the gentleman who posted the SQL Lite link, most people here aren't going to trust it. Even though you may not have any malicious JavaScript sent to the browser, the web app could still be tracking everything a user inputs into it in a back-end database, for whatever nefarious purposes. That data input could be tied to our IP addresses from the web server logs. We have zero visibility into what the app does with queries or information we input and zero visibility into your intentions for such.
@Reptile - why I hope you were being sarcastic when you said you clicked the link.

I wrote this code quickly with minimal typing. So it is not performant as it is single-threaded. But it will do the job... It will produce a table of the buy transactions for the entered code for both personal and dealer transactions. Adjust as necessary. Code is PowerShell. You will need to make a tweak or two. Obviously put in the ID number, and adjust the file paths to the applicable csv files. Yes, you can work with the data in Excel, but Excel is a dog when working with larger data sets. You can also adjust to produce info on your sales by adjusting the code as well.

Do not come to me for support. If you don't know how to do this, learn some PowerShell. Don't ask me to write code for you, unless you're paying me. You can run this on your own computer to work with the data. As you can view the code, you can validate it's safe and isn't doing anything nefarious. It's ingesting data, filtering the data based on criteria, and producing a formatted table from the data. That's it.

$myID = 'Put Your ID Number Here'

$DealerTransactionsNewer = Import-Csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\dealer_sales_2016-01-09_2021-12-31.csv'
$DealerTransactionsOlder = Import-Csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\dealer_sales_2004-06-01_2016-01-09.csv'
$personal = import-csv 'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Personal Transfers_Registrations - 01.01.04-12.31.21.xlsx - Sheet1.csv'

$me = $DealerTransactions | where {$_.{BUYER PERSON ID} -eq $myID }
$me += $DealerTransactionsOlder | where {$_.{BUYER PERSON ID} -eq $myID }
$mePersonal = $personal | where {$_.{buyer person id} -eq $myID }

$me | ft -AutoSize "Transaction date","Dealer shop name", "make","model"
$mePersonal | ft -AutoSize "Date of Transaction","Make","Model"

Yes, it is very easy, to find yourself, and others in the data, and then discover, roughly, what they may have. In my case, several firearms are not in the records. I did those transactions by the book, so I don't know why. But that's not my problem to solve.
Seems simple enough.

Thanks.

My question is, can nimalo reduce the computational brute force needed to crack the coded LTC IDs by a phishing exercise like this? Not by default, but certainly it could be an endpoint. The catalyzing information could easily be divulged by dumbass boomers. While I rarely wear a tinfoil hat, there's literally no reason to volunteer information to a zero post newcomer. It's just bad policy..

It's possible to match many/most of those transactions to individuals, but @nimrodalo is a drama queen attention seeker.

Data is out there. GOAL just writes letters. 43 pages worth of idiotic remarks(including my own). Yet, lists keep getting updated on a monthly basis. People keep thinking robbers are smart enough to write monkey code, err, I mean PowerShell. If nothing is getting done then this dead horse has been beaten into a pulp.

You guys write these codes, it is literally a filter in Excel once you know your ID. Give me an ID and I can find all the info faster than it took me to type this. Don't get me wrong, the code is cool and I hate filtering Excel.

Anyway (asking in general), I am still not sure what is the obsession with finding every single one of your transactions. If you cared this much why didn't you request it from the State using their form?

All that matters is as soon as you find your ID, you know you are there. Everything else shouldn't matter.

To those not finding all your transactions, are you Emailing the State to let them know? ... if the answer is "NO" Then why do you care?

Hackers gonna hack. It's like target practice sparring or weightlifting. Gotta stay in tune.

Data is out there. GOAL just writes letters. 43 pages worth of idiotic remarks(including my own). Yet, lists keep getting updated on a monthly basis. People keep thinking robbers are smart enough to write monkey code, err, I mean PowerShell. If nothing is getting done then this dead horse has been beaten into a pulp.

It's important for good people to show how data like this can be abused. part of the process that makes everything more secure.

and powershell is probably the most usable and used script on the planet except for maybe php. the things I can do with an RMM plus an SQL database/file server and powershell is disgusting.

i like to use group policy to push out a wget command to grab a package from a web server, then a basic SOAP API stuff to write back to an SQL database, everything wrapped in GPG encryption. I can disassemble other people's interactive-only installers and write new noninteractive packages, push a software update to thousands of servers, and then make you a nice report of which ones need manual intervention. doing hundreds of man hours of work with a couple of hours of not even coding but adapting my pre-built packages to your enviroment. big money.

and there's plenty of criminals with computers out there. entire crews that work in shifts all day and night stealing PI and using ransomware. it's a real threat, enough that fortune 500 companies all spend at least 1.5% of NET income on systems security and still get pwnt all the time, usually mostly by their own people. it's only going to get worse as society casts aside more and more people.

and powershell is probably the most usable and used script on the planet except for maybe php. the things I can do with an RMM plus an SQL database/file server and powershell is disgusting.
Please, don't make me laugh, script monkey. Most used script on the planet. Ha! There is a reason Microsoft just release 20 videos teaching script monkeys, like you, how to write in bash. PowerShell, or PS, is just that: P of S.

Please, don't make me laugh, script monkey. Most used script on the planet. Ha! There is a reason Microsoft just release 20 videos teaching script monkeys, like you, how to write in bash. PowerShell, or PS, is just that: P of S.

ok sure, SOAP PHP and java is trash too right?

i bet youre one of those people that only writes machine code and fortran, right?

you know what I think, someones sour because got fired from an MSP because they couldn't make a report about which version of chrome is installed on every machine in the enterprise without compiling an exe. customer was like, 'no way you're putting that anywhere near my servers' and asked that you never touch their stuff again.

images

Me, not the computermen posters above.

I am seeing packet loss though.

You can discount PowerShell if you want. It's a free country and you're free to make mistakes and be wrong.

Microsoft Windows is ubiquitous in the enterprise and Powershell is ubiquitous in Windows. If you're "living off the land" as many red and/or purple teamers like myself have to do, you had better know Powershell inside and out, or you're destined for the unemployment line.

I know PowerShell
I know Bash
I know Python
I know enough C, C#, PHP, and JS to be dangerous. But I wouldn't fashion myself as being much beyond basic to intermediate.

Of all the languages just listed PowerShell is the easiest to learn, easiest to read for beginners, fully backwards compatible, unlike many of the listed, and universally deployed in the enterprise.

You guys write these codes, it is literally a filter in Excel once you know your ID. Give me an ID and I can find all the info faster than it took me to type this. ...
Anyway (asking in general), I am still not sure what is the obsession with finding every single one of your transactions....

Speaking for myself, I'm interested for the same reason I got sucked into the Mother of all Puzzles. I like puzzles.

Whatever I have/will find won't be shared, though, except possibly with a very few friends. That would be douchebaggery on a Democrat scale.

What is an edgelord? Some kind of Reddit incel escapee?

Something like that. Dunning kruger / one upper / meets annoying kid on the bus that tells you about how cool his uncle is because he owns a rocket ship but never actually shows you any pictures of the rocket ship. But he was always willing to tell you about how he gets to ride in it and basically just implying that you're basically garbage because you don't have access to a rocket ship.... 🤣 one of those people.

You can discount PowerShell if you want. It's a free country and you're free to make mistakes and be wrong.

Microsoft Windows is ubiquitous in the enterprise and Powershell is ubiquitous in Windows. If you're "living off the land" as many red and/or purple teamers like myself have to do, you had better know Powershell inside and out, or you're destined for the unemployment line.

I know PowerShell
I know Bash
I know Python
I know enough C, C#, PHP, and JS to be dangerous. But I wouldn't fashion myself as being much beyond basic to intermediate.

Of all the languages just listed PowerShell is the easiest to learn, easiest to read for beginners, fully backwards compatible, unlike many of the listed, and universally deployed in the enterprise.
CodeMonkey Internet Slap Fight....

Just busting balls guys

;-)

Something like that. Dunning kruger / one upper / meets annoying kid on the bus that tells you about how cool his uncle is because he owns a rocket ship but never actually shows you any pictures of the rocket ship. But he was always willing to tell you about how he gets to ride in it and basically just implying that you're basically garbage because you don't have access to a rocket ship.... 🤣 one of those people.
Wait.

…you’re saying you rode Sammy’s uncle’s rocket ship? Because, uhhhhh… eww.

@Reptile - why I hope you were being sarcastic when you said you clicked the link.
I don't care if he tracks my 2 gun transactions to my IP.

Sure, he can find my address but even if he comes over to rob me - there isn't much to steal.

I'd be more afraid of the government but they have more data anyway.

Well that is very nice of you.

The cat is out of the bag though.

All anyone needs to do is load the file into Excel and use the search tool to look things up.

A skilled person can also find folks with large collections and rob them.

I can't even rob myself efficiently as all my guns are buried in the ground in 4 states.

Anyone breaking into my apartment will find that I'm a garbage hoarder and that my place is one giant mess...

An anti-gunner could do just what you did to include the ID's.

That may actually help our cause because nobody would trust the state and register anymore. They'll never find all those unregistered AR's now!
View attachment 722426
Have you considered buying a roomba?

Back
Top Bottom