• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If You go to the Range .... Just Dont' Accidentally Shoot Yourself in the Face

Brass can be hot....It also seems like the chief of police isn’t completely retarded
Are you sure?

"And the gun discharged" ... instead of "and the morron pulled the trigger".

Notice how it is always the guns fault.
THE GUN discharged.

You know how it is, guns decide when to let the firing pin go and shoot a round, guns are d*cks like that.

Seriously though, I have always insisted that people I take to the range always wear clothes that make it hard for a empty casing to find skin.
I almost never wear a hat, but wear a baseball cap to the range and insist my guests do too. Have had more than a few times that the hat has caught something. Brass, ricochets, revolver spluge from slight timing issues, and on one occasion, bird shit.
Also, has anyone ever noticed that hot brass seems to seek out cleavage? I know you are proud of them ladies, and you should be, we all love us some cleavage, but the range is not the best place to show a little skin.

JHC, look at that grip.[slap]
Loose hand Luke!
Hold it a little lower why don'tcha...[rolleyes]

Great choice in how not to grip a pistol though!
BB1aPHOY.img

I love it when people wear shorts and tank tops to the range and they learn that brass is hot.
I've taken new people to the range many times over years. They are all told to wear a baseball hat....the brim keeps brass from going behind the safety glass lens.
...I've seen a guy burn his eyelid when a 45 shell bounced off the partition and came straight down behind the lens. They are also told to wear a crew neck shirt. No collared shirts for the men and no tank tops or blouses for the girls. I've seen the hot brass dance before and it ain't pretty and it's scary as shit!

I always wear a crew neck shirt and baseball hat myself on the range. It just makes sense.

Last edited:
Obviously this guy never welded under a car before. Let it burn and keep going for crying out loud. Pussy...
Seen a welder in the army take a piece of red hot slag to the crotch once. Burned right through his trousers and seared the tip of his Johnson. Yeah.......he was dancing the jig and I don't f***ing blame him.

Last edited:
Seriously though, I have always insisted that people I take to the range always wear clothes that make it hard for a empty casing to find skin.
I almost never wear a hat, but wear a baseball cap to the range and insist my guests do too. Have had more than a few times that the hat has caught something. Brass, ricochets, revolver spluge from slight timing issues, and on one occasion, bird shit.
Also, has anyone ever noticed that hot brass seems to seek out cleavage? I know you are proud of them ladies, and you should be, we all love us some cleavage, but the range is not the best place to show a little skin.
We were at the range one time and had some friends with us.
She was a "Healthy" girl.
Got some hot 9mm brass between the twins.
I tried to be a gentleman and offered so stuff some snow in there , but she declined and did it herself .[rofl]

Practice Hot Brass Drills at home by heating empty .40 S&W cases held with needlenose pliers and a BIC.

1624243229698.png 1624243254967.png 1624243309895.png

For a more sporting experience, chase a buddy around and try to stick one to his or her back...

1624243730121.png

My daughter won't shoot my American 180. I thought a machinegun in .22 would be very controllable but forgot about the brass. The gun ejects straight down. 30 rounds a second were raining down and she was wearing shorts. At least they were only little .22s.

Seen a welder in the army take a piece of red hot slag to the crotch once. Burned right through his trousers and seared the tip of his Johnson. Yeah.......he was dancing the jig and I don't f***ing blame him.

Buddy of mine who worked at Bete Fog was next to a pour that went awry. Molten brass all over his toes and one of his boots had a hole in the top of it. Had to get the boot unlaced and off before he could even start to nock the brass away.
Yes, It left a mark.[puke2]

I used to burn a lot of heavy plate, 6" plus, a gob of molten slag in the boot or through a cheap tongue sucks. In the ear is worse. I still have access to the burn table if anyone ever needs something cut. Lawrence area.

Back
Top Bottom