If you could only own one mass compliant pistol what would it be....

Who said a G19 wasn't MA compliant? There are MANY legally owned Glocks and other firearms in MA not on some douchbag's so called hidden list. That is why I asked the question of the OP "define MA compliant." Waiting...

Who said a G19 wasn't MA compliant? There are MANY legally owned Glocks and other firearms in MA not on some douchbag's so called hidden list. That is why I asked the question of the OP "define MA compliant." Waiting...
Yes, I own a G22 and G23 3rd Gen but would like a new G19 Gen4 w/nightsights.

Do all end all? Probably my Glock 29. That way, for the big stuff I have the power of full load 10mm for those pesky bear attacks, with the capability of downsizing (thinking, TNQ frangible) for home defense. Also not the WORST carry gun in the world with regards to size and weight.
Also have some preban G20 mags for the 15 rnd capacity ftw

Either my 92FS or my 610 revolver that way I can fire full tilt 10 mm or 40 S&W. Though I do have a 22 conversion unit for the 92 as well

Define "Mass compliant"...
4f59f7847d8a9977f09f50ca9cf32ccb.jpg

I can see the flames coming now.... just find what you want and a dealer that will sell it to you.... blah blah blah

I get this question all the time and I say its like owning one pair of shoes... Cant be done...

That being said if you could only get one readily available pistol in ma that could be concealed year round, shot well at the range and used for hd what would it be?

My vote is a sig 938... What says you all?

Flame on!!!

The P7M8 I had for my first gun, that I stupidly sold.

It was "mass compliant" because it was papered.

Barring that, it would have been the 2nd Gen G19 I had (5 digit serial number, LKxxx) which I also sold.

Both of these guns were "Mass compliant" by the actual legal definition.

Frankly though, **** caring about handgun compliance. You're just screwing yourself by even thinking about it for more than 10 seconds. Both of the guns above I bought before I knew better, although the P7M8 was at a price and condition that it wouldn't have mattered what state I bought it in. At least the guy I sold it to treasures it as much as I did. [laugh]

If we're talking forced to buy "new from MA gun shop, for window licker / afraid of their own shadow/lazebag crew types" I'd buy a Sig P320 w/nightsights cut that stupid ****ing safety out of the FCU, and get a grayguns trigger for it, and ditch the frame with the cut in it for a replacement one. The shields, P938, M&P, blah blah blah... all that stuff is junk/yawnfest to me. Someone else can buy it. Not me. Maybe a Walther PPS M2, but by strict definition that probably isn't compliant, but even getting into that discussion illustrates how ****ing stupid the whole thing is (or even caring about it)

-Mike

civilian transferable glock 18c as rare as unicorns

Last edited:

Sorry, busy day... I know glocks can be had but I am focusing on New pistols commonly found at local gun stores, not something that involves calling around or a private transfer.

Illudium Q36 ESM would be my first choice.

Okay fine, P320 Compact (I'd go the extra mile and build with with free state fire control group and no safety grip module)

To follow the OPs rules and pick a MA complaint all around pistol...it would have to be a MP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S&W Shield, 9mm. I see a lot of Sig 938s, I have both (and several others) but if I had to choose one MA Compliant pistol it would be the Shield. Small enough to conceal, large enough to shoot comfortably & only gives up 2 rounds to Large cap. If something like a VP9 wasn't restricted to 10 rounds in MA, I'd probably choose that.

Sorry, busy day... I know glocks can be had but I am focusing on New pistols commonly found at local gun stores, not something that involves calling around or a private transfer.

Back in the 80's and early 90's you could walk right in and buy one. Along with Kimber's so for some of us they are compliant. Anyways I'll take the Glock 19 for the win.

Now were so much safer.

I'm guessing the next EOPS list will have the VP9sk on it. That'd be my choice if forced to go MA compliant, partly cause the standard mag is 10 rounds.

I have a G42 or CZ P01 for carry.

It w/b a tough call: since I enjoy shooting both my Ruger SR22 and my H&K VP9 of all my arsenal (MA compliant or not).

Two different pistols for sure; I have CCW both, both go to the range every time and both give me accurate results.

Keeping with the spin of the question asked; I would keep the SR22 and let my non-MA list hardware backfill the gap left by the VP9

Back
Top Bottom