Ideas for new .40 or .45?

Just looking for ideas. I have a S&W 1911, Sig 245 (thinking of selling), A G27 and a Sig 229 .40. Any suggestions? Not too interested in other calibers right now.

You already have a G27. If you like it, I'd suggest a G22 to stick with the same platform. I have both, and love the combo!

Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt, or a Ruger New Vaquero if you're a traditionalist.
Some of the Blackhawks are offered with both .45 Colt and .45 ACP cylinders.

The 625 revolver is indeed fun, but I even like my 1917 US Army revolver better. Total fun!!!

My second choice would be a Springfield Mini .45 for carry.

I also think everyone should own at least one Colt .45 APC, I choose a gold cup

Crap-- so sorry. I'm looking for fun, maybe competition, not carry. I have a S&W 686+ and I think I'm not a revolver guy yet...

I must say... the allure of a nice Sig if tough to resist. I'm thinking a 220 might be nice....

Last edited:
Depending on how long you plan on waiting to get it, you could always wait to see if the S&W MP comes out...Just a thought. For a .45, perhaps an HK Tactical?

Why don't you ditch the .40 and get a 10mm? You can use the same dies to load it and you get to have way more fun. You can download it to a wimpy .40 levels, load it way up to approach .41 Magnum energy, or develop loads for anywhere in between.

I have three of them now (1076, 610, and G29) and they're the best guns for messing around with different loads. I challenge anyone to recommend a better carry gun than the G29 in terms of size, knock-down power, and capacity.

Lugnut, if your located anywhere near Shirley, say the word and I'll take you to my range and you can try out all three - as well as a 625 and S&W 4506 if you're still hung up on the whole .45 thing. I don't have anything in .40 though.

Last edited:
LOL.... you guys are killing me. Darius wants me to get a divorce all while Mr Reppucci just sits and laughs. Can't you guys tell that I'm struggling with some very serious issues here? And then Eddie has the audacity to taint my plans with a manly 10mm variety? What am I to do?

I had a G20 years ago when they first came out. Full boat 10mm rounds are just too powerful for the plastic fantastic. Mine was shipped back to Glock three times before they refunded my money. It had many problems including defective extractor, and deformed mag followers. Maybe they're better now but... If I were goint the 10mm route again, I'd go 1006 or maybe even the discontinued S&W 10mm revolver (610???), You can shoot .40S&W out of the revolver too.

Chris

Yeah... they are nice. I've been told if there is a Sig to own it's the 220. Just never really gave it much thought till now.

I have one in Two Tone and it is a delight to shoot, they are not kidding about the accuracy straight out of the box either.

Lugnut, you're a reloader now. According to the Official Rules and Regulations, you are required to get at least one 10mm. If you don't, the ghosts of Elmer Keith, Col. Cooper, and Bill Jordan will come and take your press away.

Here you go:

1076 on Gunbroker

Another One

Back
Top Bottom