IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

Was at IDC today. Good guys, Marc and Dave. Helping to keep RKBA alive and well here in North Central Mass. They were able to get hard to find ammo at fair price. Customer service is the name of the game in any business, and these guys certainly make that happen. Glad to patronize their shop, and will continue to do so.
CJ

Great shop in Clinton. Sold me my S&W 629 this week and i wound up staying in the shop for an extra 45 minutes just shooting the s*&t. Had quiet a few hard to find revolvers in the shop, VERY reasonably priced. Even after he knew he had made the sale, mark took the time to shine up the gun to make it presentable for me (wipe off all our grimey prints from handling) for when i returned from the ATM across the st. Great shop, Great guys running it. VERY impressed.

I noticed a nice little Spanish Ruby pistol there a couple of weekends ago ("Paramount" in .32 ACP). It appeared to be in good shape, except for some crud and rust spots here and there. I mentioned to Dave that it was a shame that people don't take care of their guns, and he asked if I wanted some cleaning materials to clean it up.

So I proceeded to take the thing completely apart, wiping, cleaning and oiling to my heart's content. Of course, by that time I was so impressed by the overall condition of the gun that I had to have it. So I bought it!

Those sneaky bastards!

Ok, after my first actual transaction with these guys, I can now say as an official customer, these guys are great! I can tell I'll be doing a lot of business with them.

(Just don't let them screw down the magazine cap on your new shotgun, right Marc? ;-)

Ok, after my first actual transaction with these guys, I can now say as an official customer, these guys are great! I can tell I'll be doing a lot of business with them.

(Just don't let them screw down the magazine cap on your new shotgun, right Marc? ;-)

So you're saying it's worth the drive? Hmmm.

Just stopped in tonight and brought home my BAG Day purchase. Nice little Colt Officer's Model. I called them yesterday morning to let them know I would take it and they put it aside for me. Great guys!

They still have another Colt Officer's Model, BTW... this one is in bright stainless. Mine is brushed stainless..

Last edited:
Marc said they are officially bringing in a 'smith, too, to do some work. He wouldn't name names just yet, until it's a done deal, but it appears they will have someone on board soon to make use of all the machining equipment he has out back.

Dwarven, are talking about one of the 1911's they had in the case? The officer's model had a decent price on it when I looked in last weekend. Went back and picked up a Yugo SKS for the boy to play with. had a blast with it at WPR last week. Now I gotta go back and get more ammo.....

I was out on my bike running a few errands and stopped in to check them out. Chatted with Marc for a while and looked over some guns. Nice guy.

Really nice guys. Stopped in to browse on Saturday, because I was in the area. Nice selection....

I'll definitely be back in the future.

The shop has REALLY improved significantly since I first posted. It's now packed with guns, ammo and miscellaneous stuff, and Mark and Dave are still as easy to talk to and eager to please as ever.

I see this little establishment really taking off in the next few years - watch out Four Seasons!!!

It's a nice little shop

I stopped in a couple times just after they opened, nice guys to talk to, I could easily walk to the shop from my house. It's too bad they won't match Four Seasons prices and don't give quotes via email..with that being said, I hope they do well...

Given that there was all of a $10 difference between the prices at IDC & FS for my Ruger SR9c, there's no comparison. Drive 40 minutes round trip or 2 hours? 4 gallons of gas vs 1? (and there's the $10 right there, BTW).

Wait for 20 minutes for someone to wait on me or pick it up right away? FS is too crowded most of the time. I simply don't want to wait that long!

I'll be checking out IDC first, thanks. And they do have a nice big selection of used guns, too, as well as new.

Hmm... maybe I'll stop in this afternoon after my recoil therapy session.

Stopped by earlier this morning. Seems like a very nice store, personable staff, and nice selection for a small place. They didn't get much of my business this morning, but are highly likely to do so in the future.

They have a batch 'o Moisins in there for about $145 each. Ended up with a Yugo SKS for the young'un to shoot, but for some reason, I still want a bruise on my shoulder...

And Ross, you can keep yer nicely brushed commander model. [hmmm]

[wink]

Stopped in and picked up some M855 today - little more than FS but I didn't have to go trucking up to Woburn in holiday traffic, NOR wait for 20 minutes to get waited on. And saw something else that I want to come home with me. Need to suggest to SWMBO what I want for my birthday coming up.

John, what's your freakin' problem with IDC?

You joined NES [STRIKE]this month[/STRIKE] yesterday. You have exactly THREE posts, all of which are in this thread doing nothing but pissing on IDC. Tell me... why should anyone believe anything you say when we have no idea who you are?

Whereas I've been a member for 6 years and dozens (maybe hundreds) of NESers have met me and know me personally. Who do you think folks are going to believe?

Now go away or I shall taunt you again. [troll]

Last edited:
Just gave idc another paycheck this week. Been looking for a sw 638 for a while, wanted to buy one used to save some money, but idc had a new one for such a good price I had to grab it before someone else did. Love the collection of revolvers they've got..... and the bushmaster 50bmg in the corner is a nice attraction. Love AND hate the fact that they're right down the st....... its very convienent having such a good shop so close, but my wallet isn't so happy about it. Thanks again mark!!!

No Problem

I think you're a little bit mistaken, nobody's "pissing" on anyone in here.
I've been in their shop, they seem like nice guys and I hope they do well.
I asked them for a quick quote two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet.
I bet they're busy selling all those Moisins..

Too bad K&R are out of business, Kevin & Ray ALWAYS made the customers smile..

For what it's worth.. I believe you [wink]

John, what's your freakin' problem with IDC?

You joined NES [STRIKE]this month[/STRIKE] yesterday. You have exactly THREE posts, all of which are in this thread doing nothing but pissing on IDC. Tell me... why should anyone believe anything you say when we have no idea who you are?

Whereas I've been a member for 6 years and dozens (maybe hundreds) of NESers have met me and know me personally. Who do you think folks are going to believe?

Now go away or I shall taunt you again. [troll]

i was there saturday morning from about 10:15, left around 11am, besides

the employees there was 2 of us there,,,, the mob must have come later..

nice shop, nice folks,,,

Been in the shop four times, each time without leaving empty handed. I've bought from others shops but this is the only shop I seem to find something I like/want every time I am there.

Great guys and great selection but my wallet hates them.

Edit- I saw that shiny officer's model Colt in the case last night. Nice pickup to whoever bought it. I'm not a 1911 guy but would have bought it myself because of the pimp factor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom