Icy Roads 01/09/22 Take Caution ⚠️

Mail came late yesterday - 7pm. I walked down the sloping driveway, dusted with 1/4" of flurries in my slippers, hit some ice, and did a classic feet in the air fall. Dang if my years of MA training didn’t save my ass - I did a great fall on asphalt. At 63, I figured such a fall would be fatal, but aside from an arm scape from some rough ice, no aches or pains the next morning. Lucky?

Of course, the slip-on boots with the micro-spikes were right by the garage door. F’ing old idiot, that I am. 😅

Mail came late yesterday - 7pm. I walked down the sloping driveway, dusted with 1/4" of flurries in my slippers, hit some ice, and did a classic feet in the air fall. Dang if my years of MA training didn’t save my ass - I did a great fall on asphalt. At 63, I figured such a fall would be fatal, but aside from an arm scape from some rough ice, no aches or pains the next morning. Lucky?

Of course, the slip-on boots with the micro-spikes were right by the garage door. F’ing old idiot, that I am. 😅

Glad you weren't hurt. I practice falling all winter long when it is icy, I've gotten pretty good at it, my wife says I'm a natural.

Back
Top Bottom