Ice Fishing Day

I would but theres a hunting and fishing expo up at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH. Going to see what they have and hopefully get myself something nice. [smile]

A-1 site and Chauncy are both in Westboro. We went out on the south end of Whitehall Reservoir on Saturday. We got a few pickerel, and my nephew jigged up some tiny perch. No bass or anything else. Just nice to be out. We had to walk so didn't venture too far. If my brother-in-law had brought his quad, we'd have towed our gear out to deeper water, humps, etc.

i know the crappie are edible in manchaug, we were hitting 1lb crappie all day. last friday someone pulled out a 8.5lb bass and a 26lb pike.

i know the crappie are edible in manchaug, we were hitting 1lb crappie all day. last friday someone pulled out a 8.5lb bass and a 26lb pike.

That's a little far for me to travel. I'm looking at heading out to the North Shore area Sunday and/or Monday, if anyone wants to join me. It's just a few of us so far.

not true, there's pics of proof, we get our bait at the same place. i've personally seen pike nearly this big come out of there. i know most don't belive it but that's ok, more water space for me :)

we hit a couple 3lb bass but nothing that big. i did catch a 14in bass that got bitten by a pike on the pull in, looked like a shark tried to rip it in half, it's guts were hanging out.

Dude an 8.5 pound bass and a 26 pound pike are both fish of a lifetime. Get real.

Nevermind that manchaugs fishery was totally devastated two years ago when the dam broke and just about completely drained the place. It is now full of 8-11 inch bass but very few bigger ones. We had a tournament there last year and it was pathetic. Worst place we ever fished. Out of 20 boats and 30 guys 2 fish for 3.6 pounds total won. It has not been stocked with pike since 1989 and since the state has ended the stocking program and it has never shown to have habitat suitable for them breeding.

Went out this morning up in Windham, NH. On 17 traps and a couple rods we got a real nice trout, another smaller rainbow trout, 2 small bass, a pickerel and about half a dozen or more yellow perch. Was a real nice day, best showing ive seen on the ice.

I think we have less than 3 in the Berkshires, pending todays count. I plan on being out there tomorrow.

I dont know, you got 2 feet + on the 12th, 6" more on the 18th with a nice covering of ice, 8" more today and to top it off we are supposed to get 18" + tuesday into wednesday..... As much as I love ice fishing, this season may be done for me. This crap is gonna be over my kids heads by next week....

I got to clean that ice off of my car yesterday and some more today. I plan on making it out tomorrow. Supposed to be around 15 according to weather.com. I might drive out again as much as I fear falling through. I need a backup car bad.

Back
Top Bottom