• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I use to like Ruger, now I'm beginning to hate them (yup, it's time to rant)

Earlier this year I emailed Ruger asking them to look at making new guns and one of them was an LCP 2 in .32 for the purposes of reduced recoil, but acceptable for self defense. Today I come to find that they came out with a new LCP in a caliber that ended with 2, but it was .22, not .32 and IDK about you, but I've never trusted tiny pocket .22 pistols.

This after Ruger decided to release a Wrangler single action .22 with sights that you can barely see and no option to get adjustable sights. That after I bought one of their .327 revolvers only to discover that it has huge throats that when shooting lead bullets will lead the bore because of gas blow melting the lead on the bullet before it reaches the bore meaning only jacketed bullets can be shot to avoid leading.

Now I see that there are rumors that Ruger is going to be coming out with a pistol chambered in 5.7x28, a cartridge that does bubkis from a 5 inch barrel with a 40 grain .22 caliber bullet, while the 7.62x25 can hit 1600 fps from a 5 inch barrel with an 85 grain .30 caliber bullet.

Oh, and they still haven't come out with a 10mm PC carbine.

There has been a long train of abuses and usurpations by Ruger against me and I am throwing them off. NO MORE RUGERS! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2uFevWO5Lw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KAWV6lyI5Q

-2/10. OP expects Ruger to start making a gun just because he emailed them? In a soft market for new guns? Then whines about only having to shoot jacketed bullets in a revolver, which have been the dominant bullet technology since the mid-1890s? Then whines again because a gun company decides to make a product he doesn't like? Ok bud.

Beretta, Astra, Bersa and other companies have made plenty of .32s.
They are a viable choice in Mexico and other countries that ban the civilian possession of firearms chambered for "military" cartridges. We are not at this point yet and hopefully will never be. Why handicap yourself if you don't have to? Use the most power that you can comfortably handle.
As for Ruger, their guns are well-built and easy to strip and clean. My wife loves her Mini 14 Ranch rifle and our older daughter will be getting the 10/22 that she wants for her 8th birthday in the spring.

I would rely on .22 over .32 any day for effectively penetrating vitals. The muzzle energy is almost the same, but it's a more effective bullet.

Right! I don’t know much about the ballistics of 32 ACP but I’ve read enough to know they are abysmal. I wonder what these poor bastards in tech support think when they see an email asking for more shit in 32 ACP lol.

They are a viable choice in Mexico and other countries that ban the civilian possession of firearms chambered for "military" cartridges. We are not at this point yet and hopefully will never be. Why handicap yourself if you don't have to? Use the most power that you can comfortably handle.
As for Ruger, their guns are well-built and easy to strip and clean. My wife loves her Mini 14 Ranch rifle and our older daughter will be getting the 10/22 that she wants for her 8th birthday in the spring.
Ever strip a Ruger Mark 1 pistol? Easy to strip and clean but reassembly is anything but easy...even after 25 years! The predominant reason it is my only Ruger too.

Earlier this year I emailed Ruger asking them to look at making new guns and one of them was an LCP 2 in .32 for the purposes of reduced recoil, but acceptable for self defense. Today I come to find that they came out with a new LCP in a caliber that ended with 2, but it was .22, not .32 and IDK about you, but I've never trusted tiny pocket .22 pistols.

This after Ruger decided to release a Wrangler single action .22 with sights that you can barely see and no option to get adjustable sights. That after I bought one of their .327 revolvers only to discover that it has huge throats that when shooting lead bullets will lead the bore because of gas blow melting the lead on the bullet before it reaches the bore meaning only jacketed bullets can be shot to avoid leading.

Now I see that there are rumors that Ruger is going to be coming out with a pistol chambered in 5.7x28, a cartridge that does bubkis from a 5 inch barrel with a 40 grain .22 caliber bullet, while the 7.62x25 can hit 1600 fps from a 5 inch barrel with an 85 grain .30 caliber bullet.

Oh, and they still haven't come out with a 10mm PC carbine.

0/10 on a rant, 10/10 on masterclass level trolling job. [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1N5lZw7e78

-Mike

Right! I don’t know much about the ballistics of 32 ACP but I’ve read enough to know they are abysmal. I wonder what these poor bastards in tech support think when they see an email asking for more shit in 32 ACP lol.
In a long enough barrel .32 works okay. Not in an LCR or Kel-tek though. Lots of cops in Europe carried .32s... including James Bond :cool:

Maybe a haiku?

poor caliber choice
very shitty decision
why do you hate us

Although I do wonder WTF Ruger is thinking with some of these guns. They hit the mark sometimes with me.

The American, Predator and Ranch series of Rifles are good new products.

Ruger American Predator in 308 with the 18 inch barrel is a near perfect New England deer rifle. I just keep using it when I NH, even though I have a bunch of other stuff.

Both my Ranch in 223 and the Predator 308 are super accurate out of the box and triggers can be tweaked cheap and easy.

I will be buying a 6.5 creed as well eventually. Accuracy for the price point is fantastic, and if you dont like the stock you can still upgrade and be around 500 dollars.

As for the rant and asking a gun company to make something for you and thinking they will do it because of your email. Well, thats just funny.

Last edited:
Because .32 in a gun like the LCP is a lot easier to shoot, plus it would get an extra round in the mag and that's nice for such a small gun. I wouldn't go lower than a .32 tho, because rimfire is what it is and .25 is basically a glorified pellet gun.

Oh and the Mini 14 sux and is overpriced.

I want a $3 dollar Tommy gun...

UGR5.gif

As for the rant and asking a gun company to make something for you and thinking they will do it because of your email. Well, thats just funny.
Well, I'm reluctantly jaded about it because it would take them nothing to turn a .380 into a .32 as the bullets are the exact same length and can use the same magazines, just need a different follower and the feed lips pressed in a bit more, then it's a simple barrel change and done, you got a .32 LCP that has a third less the felt recoil than the .380.

I get why Ruger made it in .22, it will sell more, but I saw someone posted up above that they'd trust a .22 over a .32. Yeah, because a .22 in a micro pistol is not a recipe for disaster.

My only hope is that given it's been 10-12 years since the LCP came out that just now Ruger has made it in another caliber means they won't write the .32 off completely. If anything, because Kel Tec makes one and we know how much Ruger loves to copy Kel Tec, they'll make one just for that.

Back
Top Bottom