• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think my State Rep needs a better holster

http://www.wmur.com/article/lawmaker-drops-loaded-gun-on-floor-near-children-at-hearing/8593225

A lawmaker rushing to take her seat at the Statehouse for a public hearing on the merits of full-day kindergarten dropped her loaded gun on the floor near some children, but it didn't fire and nobody was hurt.

Rep. Carolyn Halstead, a Republican, said the gun fell off her waistband Thursday as she was trying to settle in at the House Education Committee meeting. She said her backpack caught on the gun as she took it off. She said she quickly grabbed the gun and put it into her bag.

That's got to be embarrassing as hell.

It's just more of the anti gun media. They way they are playing the story you'd think that that rep had shot 9 people at an airport. Oh wait! That story died once it was discovered that he wasn't a random nut, didn't have an argument with someone on the plane, and had converted to the Religion of Peace some years ago.

1- gotta get "the children" in, even though it really didn't feature in the story

2- loaded gun hit the floor and it didnt fire...what was it thinking?, and

3- no one was hurt... so... where's the news? It really sounds like a non event.

In other news, while sitting down at a table another state rep spilled a half full glass of water on the table. Approximately 12 sheets of paper had to be destroyed as a result of the event and the state reps pants and shirt will have to be dry cleaned as well. Before the mess could be fully cleaned up, a child came into the room and put his hand on the wet table.

In other news, while sitting down at a table another state rep spilled a half full glass of water on the table. Approximately 12 sheets of paper had to be destroyed as a result of the event and the state reps pants and shirt will have to be dry cleaned as well. Before the mess could be fully cleaned up, a child came into the room and put his hand on the wet table.

Best thing I've read all day. Thanks!

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

The story makes it sound like it was just good luck that the "gun didn't go off". Like dropping modern guns ever makes them go off...

This is why we need to establish a state run testing lab for holsters. These dangerous and untested holsters will hurt a child sooner or later.

Some recommendations:

If velcro retainer - min 10lb pull to open
If held in place it must use enough pressure that it can hold the gun in place when dropped from two stories high
Gun In Holster Indicator

I don't blame her for carrying at the statehouse. Remember the old saying about the Massachusetts legislature, "No man's life, liberty or property is safe when the Great and General Court is in session".

Get a better holster with a good belt. LOL

This is why we need to establish a state run testing lab for holsters. These dangerous and untested holsters will hurt a child sooner or later.

Some recommendations:

If velcro retainer - min 10lb pull to open
If held in place it must use enough pressure that it can hold the gun in place when dropped from two stories high
Gun In Holster Indicator

She didn't have it in a holster, she said it was tucked into her waistband (aka Mexican Carry).

http://www.unionleader.com/state-go...-to-floor-during-legislative-hearing-01122017

Her loaded revolver fell to the floor of the crowded meeting room in front of surprised lawmakers standing nearby
<>
She later explained that the gun was tucked into the back of her waistband, and fell to the floor as she removed her backpack and took her seat.

“The fact that it fell out means I need to find a better way of carrying it,” she said, obviously disturbed by the incident. “My firearms instructor advised me against carrying it that way.”
Halstead said she has a concealed-carry license, and there was no danger of the gun going off, as it was locked.

This last part is interesting, exactly how was it "locked" ???
Was she carrying it loaded and tucked into her waistband with a trigger lock installed ???
Which makes no sense.
Or maybe it was a new style S&W with the internal lock ???
If so, why would you carry the gun locked ???
It's totally useless for the purpose of self defense if you can't get it into action immediately.

I don't blame her for carrying at the statehouse. Remember the old saying about the Massachusetts legislature, "No man's life, liberty or property is safe when the Great and General Court is in session".

You almost have it right, but close enough.

Back
Top Bottom