I think im in love....

So, I purchased a used 9mm SIG p229 no rail with night sites a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, I think i am in love. The feel and the accuracy of this thing is amazing. I am not new to SIG but for some reason this thing just fits me. I have admired this thing so much that i haven't even shot the bushmaster M4A3 that i purchased 2 day before the SIG - gotta love that tax rebate that i spent a couple times over [smile] Needless to say, cant wait to hit the range again...

So, I purchased a used 9mm SIG p229 no rail with night sites a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, I think i am in love. The feel and the accuracy of this thing is amazing. I am not new to SIG but for some reason this thing just fits me. I have admired this thing so much that i haven't even shot the bushmaster M4A3 that i purchased 2 day before the SIG - gotta love that tax rebate that i spent a couple times over [smile] Needless to say, cant wait to hit the range again...

P226 w/ rails and Trijicon sights in .357 sig
Love it to pieces and can hammer nails with it all day long.

Good choice on your purchase as well! [smile]

My Sig P239 in .357 is like that. Total Zen-like experience. While my P220 in .45 is real nice, and the ergonomics and pointability of my P99AS 9mm top them all the P239 is by far my favorite and handles the best. Just got some CTC laser grips for it, too!

Yup, there's just something about the feel of a Sig P-series. The smooth, solid feel of the moving parts, the way it makes a mediocre shooter like me look like a pro. Yessirie. Only complaint I ever have about them is the blackened finish wearing off relatively easily. My P228 balances in my hand unlike any other modern semi-auto I've ever owned or tried. The P229 is almost the same gun, but the slightly heavier milled slide (vs the P228's stamped one) mthrows the balance off a bit for me. Quick follow-up shots are almost automatic. I'm just plain more accurate and faster with it than any other. That's why it's been my main CCW pisol for years now. My P226 .40 shoots like the Cadillac of semi-autos. I had a P229 in .40 that I regretably sold several years ago. Same with the P220ST I once had. Wish like hell I had them both back. Especially the P220ST. Incredible pistol.

Last edited:
I have a 229R and I agree. It's great. It does need Hogue grips though, IMO.

I have a 229R and I agree. It's great. It does need Hogue grips though, IMO.

Funny you should say that... I have some Hogue wood grips coming in today! I can't wait to try them on my 229R!

Back
Top Bottom