• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think I hate my Crossbreed

holster. The gun just doesnt sit tightly in the holster and the end of the mag/grip seems to pull away from my side and stick out. Ive been wearing it for the past 4 days with my p2000, under an undershirt and fitted j. crew button up, and no one has said anything. Those who know I carry havent said anything so "Maybe" im just paranoid but it really feels like the gun is falling away from me everytime I start walking briskly. Maybe it just doesnt hold the gun as well as my Mitch Rosen but it is a much thinner package. Anyone else have experience with these, Im not sure how I feel just yet. If you have a p2000 keep an eye on the classifieds...

I have gone from loving mine to hating mine to loving it again. I had the old plastic hooks on mine, but I broke two sets of them and they finally sent me the metal ones, which seemed to make a world of difference to me. I can wear it under just a polo shirt (tucked) with my Ruger P345 and it keeps it nice and tight to my body. A plain light tshirt though is just not enough, then I switch to a pocket holster and my S&W 642.

I have a Cross Bread in horse hide and I love it. No problem with my Ruger SR9. I wear mine at 3 o'clock and not the recommended 5 o'clock. I can't reach around that far. The Cross Bread makes it easy to sit with the holster. I have a Smart Carry that's no fun to sit with. I do notice that the gun is a little loose feeling in the holster but it still takes sufficient force to pull it out that I'm not worried that I'll loose it. I like the way it's so easy to re-holster your gun. With other holsters I've used the leather collapses under the pressure of your belt making it difficult to re-holster. I like the holster so much I'm ordering the duel mag carrier and an extra mag to go with it.

I like mine for M&P .40 FS. I wore it all day Friday and some on Sat. wearing cargo shorts and cotton button florida keys type shirt one day. Then a polo shirt the other. Both days untucked, with it in 4 o'clock position. Wife and kids had no clue I was carrying. Wife was suprised when I unholstered at end of day , "where you carrying all day?" she asked?

how do you guys have the clips set? I have 4 holes on each side, the front one is at the top and the bottom one is in the middle...this seems to be helping with the gun at 5. At 3 the grip literaly points almost 90 degrees away from my side.

Last edited:
I dumped mine in the box o' holsters. I found much better products from Comp-Tac, Lobo Gunleather, FIST, and O'Rourke Leather.

Mine is great and I carry a Glock 30. In my instructions it told how you can modify the Kydex part with either a hairdryer or heatgun to make the firearm fit either more looser or tighter.
Maybe you need to adjust the clips so it sits lower. They also have replacement metal clips.
Don't forget it has a lifetime warrenty! Call them!

Last edited:
I have one for my glock 27 and one for my 1911. Adjust the ride height or cant will help and as Acme said you can adjust the tension per Crossbreed instruction.

Have super tuck for both Sig P229 and SW1911PD - both are nice and tight and I would have no issue moving/running with it on if I had to. The slimmer 1911 seems to be a more comfortable fit. I have the newer steel belt clips which I hear are more robust. They seem to get more comfortable the longer I have them.

Have you played with tightening it up (softening kydex with hairdryer and molding tighter around trigger guard and ejection port). I haven't need to do this with mine, but there must be a reason they give these instructions in the package (leather softening up?)

-Tim

Interesting Post. I've spent most of the last week going back and forth between the Crossbreed and the Comp-Tac before settling on the latter yesterday. I can't honestly say that there was a specific reason for going that way except maybe the ability to switch out the kydex portion for $35. Each holster seems to have a huge fan base with few detractors either way. When someone doesn't like one of the holsters it seems to be an exception for very particular reasons.

I love mine. If yours isn't riding correctly, give him a call. He stands by his work.

+1, I have the supertuck for my xD and love it. Works great for me, very comfortable and noone knows im carrying. The owner is great, he posts frequently over on xdtalk.com.

Mine is great and I carry a Glock 30. In my instructions it told how you can modify the Kydex part with either a hairdryer or heatgun to make the firearm fit either more looser or tighter.
Maybe you need to adjust the clips so it sits lower. They also have replacement metal clips.
Don't forget it has a lifetime warrenty! Call them!

I got instructions from the owner on how to meld my kydex part for more retention. once I did that I was thrilled, if anyone wants the instructions I got from him PM me, theyre impt, or you'll eff up something like I did before contacting them.

I'm starting to get a good collection in my holster box also, I just got the Crossbreed Super Tuck (horse hide)for my SW 1911PD and I tilted it forward and lowed it, also trimmed off the forward lower bulge as it dug into my thigh when sitting. I also gave it a combat trim using the picture on the included catalog, I like it much better this way. The plastic is causing the finish on my beautiful 1911PD Gunsite edition some distress but I didn't by it as a safe queen, the trade off from a leather holster in thickness is worth it.

I love my Crossbreed. Fits my P250 Sig perfectly. I dont like alot of retention, because when I am active, I wear the Smartcarry instead.

If I can ever lose the love handles it will fit even better. I dropped the whole setup a little to hide better, and I also have the front and back clips set differently to cant forward even more to get past the side fat.

Back
Top Bottom