'I shot that n***r 119 times': Mississippi police chief is fired after bragging about killing 13 people and making racial and homophobic slurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member

'I shot that n***r 119 times': Mississippi police chief is fired after bragging about killing 13 people and making racial and homophobic slurs on secret recording made by black colleague​

• Sam Dobbins was fired as police chief of Lexington, Mississippi after he was heard using racial and homophobic slurs
  • Robert Lee Hooker, a black former officer, recorded Dobbins casually dropping the slurs and bragging about people he'd killed
  • Dobbins claimed he'd killed 13 people and said he 'shot that n***** 119 times'
  • Dobbins said he was unaware of the recording and denied using the slurs

Good bye then. There are still those kind of people around. Some lines of work, do make you jaded.

Well......no surprise it's Mississippi. Lots of pure ignorant shit stains in that state still.

the 2 most racist people i've ever met in my life, husband and wife, came from alabama. i met them as a 12 year old in the early 60's and lived in the same apartment building as them for 2 years. you think people who use the n word are racist...they had nothing on these two. harold had to be a carded member of the klan, the mrs. was probably in the auxiliary. i will always remember the day their high school age daughter had her black boyfriend come over to meet the folks. i was 30 seconds away from watching and honest to god lynching as harold was trying to throw this guy off the 3rd floor balcony while the wife was stabbing him with a meat fork as the men of the building tried to break in and save the guy. he did survive. don't know about the relationship, though.

the 2 most racist people i've ever met in my life, husband and wife, came from alabama. i met them as a 12 year old in the early 60's and lived in the same apartment building as them for 2 years. you think people who use the n word are racist...they had nothing on these two. harold had to be a carded member of the klan, the mrs. was probably in the auxiliary. i will always remember the day their high school age daughter had her black boyfriend come over to meet the folks. i was 30 seconds away from watching and honest to god lynching as harold was trying to throw this guy off the 3rd floor balcony while the wife was stabbing him with a meat fork as the men of the building tried to break in and save the guy. he did survive. don't know about the relationship, though.
The daughter is lucky they didn't so an honor killing.

Honor killings are done all over the world for stuff like that and it's perfectly legal in many countries.

When a daughter brings shame on the family, the males of the family kill her to restore the reputation of the family.

In the US sometimes the families just throw her out of the house never to return, ever.

The daughter is lucky they didn't so an honor killing.
well, they weren't indian or pakistani...

no one knew why the daughter did that. i was to young to understand it anyway even if it was explained to me. but she had to know how the parents would react. harold was old school south, he used the term "nigra" in his daily language no matter who was in front of him. the wife was a school teacher no less. she taught in a school down the road from mine so she drove me to school every morning...until this incident. besides never understanding what the hell she was saying, she seemed pretty cool. the black kid was a sailor stationed at pearl harbor, where harold and my dad worked as machinists. deep in the back of my memory i want to say i vaguely remember hearing several years later the black guy and the daughter were eventually married. anyway, these two were my gold standard to judge all racists by.

Well......no surprise it's Mississippi. Lots of pure ignorant shit stains in that state still.
Europeans don’t understand us in The States - they live in smaller countries subdivided into demographic groups often only a dozen miles or so separated. An Englishman can spot a Welshman, an Irishman can spot a Scott. We just see white people.

I tell them we Fifty United States because we can’t get away from one another. There are unmarked boundaries between the ancestral “Nations” of the US that that most of us only notice when we travel to visit relatives - business and tourist destinations don’t show the stark differences of everyday attitudes and behaviors between these Nations. The Left Coast used to be just amusing to us Yanks, but we’re now just as appalled by them, with CA’s Progressivism and Portland’s leftists, as we are of The Deep South with their ingrained racial attitudes.

The Deep South has the lowest intergenerational mobility in the country - someone growing up in Mississippi is extremely likely to live near their parents birthplace and be in the same socioeconomic class. “Woke” doesn’t sell well in Hattiesburg, MS. The DEM/GOP 2020 election map of MS is misleading - MS has the lowest Liberal rating of the Fifty States.

AD1DED5C-4F8B-43FA-B79D-3077AC3C6DEC.jpeg
CB9609EA-94CC-42CF-9567-F1D20A351358.jpeg

Last edited:
The cop should be so shit-shamed that he never works again.

We should probably be careful about painting the south with a broad brush. There are a lot of people who think Boston is racist ( see recent LeBron diatribe).

Europeans don’t understand us in The States - they live in smaller countries subdivided into demographic groups often only a dozen miles or so separated. An Englishman can spot a Welshman, an Irishman can spot a Scott. We just see white people.

I tell them we Fifty United States because we can’t get away from one another. There are unmarked boundaries between the ancestral “Nations” of the US that that most of us only notice when we travel to visit relatives - business and tourist destinations don’t show the stark differences of everyday attitudes and behaviors between these Nations. The Left Coast used to be just amusing to us Yanks, but we’re now just as appalled by them, with CA’s Progressivism and Portland’s leftists, as we are of The Deep South with their ingrained racial attitudes.

The Deep South has the lowest intergenerational mobility in the country - someone growing up in Mississippi is extremely likely to live near their parents birthplace and be in the same socioeconomic class. “Woke” doesn’t sell well in Hattiesburg, MI. The DEM/GOP 2020 election map of MI is misleading - MI has the lowest Liberal rating of the Fifty States.

View attachment 641426
View attachment 641427
I think you meant MS, not MI (Michigan)?

The cop should be so shit-shamed that he never works again.

We should probably be careful about painting the south with a broad brush. There are a lot of people who think Boston is racist ( see recent LeBron diatribe).
I think down south it depends on where you go. I don't think the cities are racist at all - places like Charleston and Atlanta are total melting pots where no one seems to care about race, it's actually refreshing going down there from Boston.

I think down south it depends on where you go. I don't think the cities are racist at all - places like Charleston and Atlanta are total melting pots where no one seems to care about race, it's actually refreshing going down there from Boston.
You’re talking about downtown Atlanta? Especially at night? Especially Buckhead?

I lived in Georgia and NC for almost five years. If I never again return to the South, it'll be too soon.

I get it. A lot of people love it, and they're welcome to it. But it's not for me. I didn't really notice an inordinate amount of overt racism (I was in the Army, so I'd have been insulated from a lot of that) but the de facto segregation was noticeable in terms of where people lived, where they shopped, what kinds of jobs they did, etc. That's not why I can't handle the south, though.

I've seen ingrained discrimination everywhere I've lived, except Wyoming. People there truly don't care all that much.

Mid 1990s I was sent to Tennessee on a tree crew for 2 weeks to do cleanup from an ice storm. The company subbed us out to a tree company down there. ALL the foreman and managers were white and all the laborers were black. First meeting I had with a bunch of the foreman......they referred to their workers as "the niggas" or "the brothers". The racists shit stains of the south may not be outwardly racist.....but get a gaggle of them together behind closed doors and they show their true colors.

Mid 1990s I was sent to Tennessee on a tree crew for 2 weeks to do cleanup from an ice storm. The company subbed us out to a tree company down there. ALL the foreman and managers were white and all the laborers were black. First meeting I had with a bunch of the foreman......they referred to their workers as "the niggas" or "the brothers". The racists shit stains of the south may not be outwardly racist.....but get a gaggle of them together behind closed doors and they show their true colors.

What you're describing? That is exactly what I'm talking about. Definite and obvious segregation in terms of what jobs people do.

Not to use a buzzword, but when they talk about "institutional racism?" That's what it looks like.

Is anybody there interested in finding out more about the alleged 13 people this guy killed or just that he used an offensive word?

Random white guy: “that n….”

Society: sound screeches to a halt, cancelled, fired, broke, house burned down and family run out of town

Dr Dre et al: “that n…”

Society: “Hoorah! Turn it up so the neighbors 2 blocks away can hear it over their f***ing lawnmower as you drive by”

makes literally billions of dollars, receives awards, accolades, 5 star accommodations and hookers and blow anywhere in the world

That was thirty years ago? I bet it was even worse fifty years ago. I bet it's better nowadays.

Hmm, I'm no rap music fan but some idiot left their car at a gas station pump while inside the store and the rap song blaring out of the stereo had plenty of N words in the lyrics and it was a black rapper. I've overheard young black kids referring to each other as "nigga", it's only offensive if a white person used it to describe a black person. The outrage over a word is ridiculous in this age. I get it from 50 yrs ago, I remember watching TV with my Irish American Mother when MLK was assassinated and I heard her mutter under her breath "they finally got the ******". Times have changed and now the ghetto rats are getting their revenge thanks to overpaid White idiots with white guilt.

Nobody owns the language. I'm unafraid to say anything, but aware of the potential consequences of it. @Picton is dead on accurate about what he said above. A lot of stuff is dying out now as the older generations expire, leave the workforce, etc. Right now, I see a lot less bigotry and prejudice and far less overt racism. There is a lot of difference in those three terms but you generally only hear racism because it evokes a more emotional response.

That was thirty years ago? I bet it was even worse fifty years ago. I bet it's better nowadays.

It's ironic that criticism of "the south" tends to be so broadly stereotypical in nature. Down there, a police chief that is racist AF is evidence of endemic cultural and systemic racism, never mind that it got him fired.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a turning point but not a changing of minds and hearts. Possibly it was Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education in 1971, a 9-0 affirmation of school bussing, that made a bigger difference by triggering a transformation that began about when the generation entering school after that came of age. Blacks were bussed into my neighborhood for elementary school. In 6th grade I was bussed into theirs. I don't know what affect it had on their education, but it had a profound effect, I think, on how we related to one another. Not coincidentally, the mid-80's was when Republicans started to gain majorities in the state legislatures. The mid-1980s through the 1990's were a time of transition during which the subculture of racist AF white people declined like never before in the south. Clearly this subculture continues to exist, but the vast majority of white people in the south today are not part of that. Probably most are still racist in the ways that almost everyone is, not in any way that is endemic to the south.

My father moved him and my mother to South Carolina about 15 years ago for her health and because he couldn't afford to retire in Vermont. His youngest brother lived down there, across the street from the house he bought. My parents were never really overtly racist while I was growing up. We just didn't see or know any black people except on TV. As soon as my mom passed, I went down to visit my father, and every other word out of his mouth was n... Every car that drove too fast past his house was "G...D... N-". I was just shocked. I had never heard my father say anything bad about a group of people, only individuals that had ticked him off. Then when he and his friends and his brother got together, it was exponentially worse. I finally asked my father to tone it down when we visited because my son was at that age where he would repeat everything he heard. He looked shocked that I found anything wrong with it.

When he passed and I went down to take care of his affairs, his brother came over and told me that the neighbors on one side were destroying his property, cutting down his trees, and chaining up pit bulls to his fence. He said I should call the cops on them and have them "taken care of". I walked over to the house, they had a couple of dog bowls out and a leash tied around ONE of the trees on the property that bordered theirs. I knocked on the door, the owner and I had a good conversation and he immediately moved his dogs. No issues. But then he asked if I could do anything about the crazy old white racist that lived in the house that kept calling him N... He meant my dad. I'm still proud of my dad for many things, but I wish I'd not found some things out about him.

My father moved him and my mother to South Carolina about 15 years ago for her health and because he couldn't afford to retire in Vermont. His youngest brother lived down there, across the street from the house he bought. My parents were never really overtly racist while I was growing up. We just didn't see or know any black people except on TV. As soon as my mom passed, I went down to visit my father, and every other word out of his mouth was n... Every car that drove too fast past his house was "G...D... N-". I was just shocked. I had never heard my father say anything bad about a group of people, only individuals that had ticked him off. Then when he and his friends and his brother got together, it was exponentially worse. I finally asked my father to tone it down when we visited because my son was at that age where he would repeat everything he heard. He looked shocked that I found anything wrong with it.

When he passed and I went down to take care of his affairs, his brother came over and told me that the neighbors on one side were destroying his property, cutting down his trees, and chaining up pit bulls to his fence. He said I should call the cops on them and have them "taken care of". I walked over to the house, they had a couple of dog bowls out and a leash tied around ONE of the trees on the property that bordered theirs. I knocked on the door, the owner and I had a good conversation and he immediately moved his dogs. No issues. But then he asked if I could do anything about the crazy old white racist that lived in the house that kept calling him N... He meant my dad. I'm still proud of my dad for many things, but I wish I'd not found some things out about him.
Brutally honest post right here. It goes along with my experience in Tennessee. I think there are alot more "closet racists" out there than we think. The kind that never speak that way among family and coworkers......but behind closed doors with a couple of like minded people they let it all out.

I will say this and leave it here...some of the MOST racist people I have ever met in my life lived in NH...My parents would have "Fresh Air" kids at the house when I was a kid during the 60's and 70's. It was not unusual for my parents to get threatening calls from people in town. They were a couple of black kids from NYC that would get bused up to northern NH with a bunch of others kids and they would get farmed out to various families in the area for a couple of weeks. Some of the stuff I experienced would make your skin crawl. There's a reason why NH is still largely white and would be more white if it wasn't for organizations dropping refugees into cities and towns in NH. The south does not have a corner on racism.

I will say this and leave it here...some of the MOST racist people I have ever met in my life lived in NH...My parents would have "Fresh Air" kids at the house when I was a kid during the 60's and 70's. It was not unusual for my parents to get threatening calls from people in town. They were a couple of black kids from NYC that would get bused up to northern NH with a bunch of others kids and they would get farmed out to various families in the area for a couple of weeks. Some of the stuff I experienced would make your skin crawl. There's a reason why NH is still largely white and would be more white if it wasn't for organizations dropping refugees into cities and towns in NH. The south does not have a corner on racism.
I learned a long time ago... you should only hate someone that gives you a good reason too. Color isn't one...

Didn’t she realize her parents were going to blow a head gasket? She either hated the parents, the black dude or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom