I shot some machine guns today

New baby this year so couldn’t go, but volunteered last year at the club, great time and Sen Tom cotton was there letting a belt go in a browning air cooled 1919. Still have the video!

While on active duty i got to shoot M16, AK 47 and M60 which were all great. Qualified expert with the M60.
About 4 years ago I went to Panthera Training in Old Fields W VA. There I got to shoot AK-47, Thompson, MP40 Suppressed, MP5 suppressed and BAR.

Rocking the BAR from hip was the balls. Number 1 on my wish list to shoot. Shooting the Thompson suppressed MP 40 & MP5 were high on my bucket list.

The Thompson was a lot harder to shoot, it rises with each shot so you have to hold it in such a way as to force it down. I don't know how those gangsters back in the 20's hit anything. The flash from the muzzle was awesome, I would love to see that thing fire in the dark.

The fun was over way too fast, lots of brass on the ground and a lot of smiles on everyone's faces.
They didn't care what they hit.

I do miss teaching at the academy. Driving around with 8k rounds in a golf cart, driving empty cart back.

They didn't care what they hit.
For when they really didn't care
John-Dillinger-M1911A1-Full-Auto.jpg

My FFL buddy also has an SOT so I've gotten to shoot a Colt Commando (5.56), 9mm AR, Ruger AC-556 (think A-Team [rolleyes] ), and a G3. Also got to shoot Bob Naess' RPD at Eden several years ago.

Best full auto shoots I ever went to were the Hiram Maxim ones in Maine that have been dead for 20 years. Had a great vendor area and we always camped on Sebec Lake and drove in each day.

As far as full auto goes, Beretta 93R would be my grail gun just because there are only a handful (IIRC) in the USA.

Carabinieri 93r-converted-page-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom