I saw a zip car at the range, it made me wonder

Do they have the ability to do so? Like a phone call to a PD in the driver's home state?

Absolutely. When I applied for a PA LTC in person about 20 years ago, they pulled up my MA driver's license record, and list of former addresses, on the spot at the sheriff's department - and this was in the day of the uniquitous 3270 style mainframe terminal.

What if some a-hole decided to just throw random brass casings around everywhere they went? School grounds, post offices, movie theaters, restaurants, gyms, busses, taxis, sidewalks, etc?

I can see the headlines now: "Terrorists infiltrating Mass with live ammunition"

The empty casing being considered "ammo" is the stupidest (and there are a lot of stupid things in MA) law there is for guns/ammo. I remember when I was a kid, having a "bullet" keychain and a "bullet" pen made out of old casings.

Whats next? You'll need an FID to own an Army surplus ammo can?

Same as driving with an empty beer bottle in the car can be considered a violation of the "open container" law. [rolleyes]

You know, I always wondered how people get away with taking their empties back to the bottle redemption center?

I mean, couldn't you just keep a box of empties on the seat behind you so if get pulled over and need a place to stash the Bud you've been nursing the past 10 miles, you've got one?

(by you, I mean the generic you, not YOU!)

You know, I always wondered how people get away with taking their empties back to the bottle redemption center?

I mean, couldn't you just keep a box of empties on the seat behind you so if get pulled over and need a place to stash the Bud you've been nursing the past 10 miles, you've got one?

(by you, I mean the generic you, not YOU!)

I remember back in the mid 80's when Mass introduced the Bottle Bill, my buddy was all psyched because he now had an excuse for having a car full of empty beer cans. [laugh]

I love how if it is a full bottle, its okay. If its opened, its illegal. If its empty its okay again. So all one needs to do is finish the drink to be compliant.

SkydiveGuy said:
What if some a-hole decided to just throw random brass casings around everywhere they went? School grounds, post offices, movie theaters, restaurants, gyms, busses, taxis, sidewalks, etc?

I've thought about it more than once ;)

Back
Top Bottom