I need an opinion on the lee loadmaster.

Has anyone used this press? I hear bad reviews on the web and want a second opinion from someone here. Im looking to reload .223 and .308 and the inexpensive price on this progressive in awfully enticing. Im just afraid of the get what you pay for scenario. Let me know guys! thanks

Im looking to reload .223 and .308 and the inexpensive price on this progressive in awfully enticing. Im just afraid of the get what you pay for scenario. Let me know guys! thanks

That's about the size of it.

You do get what you pay for. The Lee requires frequent tweaking and tinkering to keep it running. If you're not in a hurry, and you don't mind making adjustments, then go for it.

If you want to not worry about it, save up for a Hornady or Dillon.

Check out This thread. A couple of our own members are VERY satisfied with their loadmasters. Personally I run the pro 1000's, and love them!

I started with a Lee, then went to a Dillon SQ Deal (which I sold it to Dwarven1), then a Dillon 550, then a Hornady L-N-L.

The L-N-L perfectly suits the calibers I load (26 in all), and the way I load (lots of different bullets, weights, charges, etc).

I gave away the Lee, sold the Dillons, and kept the Hornady.

I've owned a LEE Pro 1000. I hated it. It may work well for handgun calibers, but there is just too much slop for sizing rifle cases. Save up for a Dillon or a Horn. LNL.

Back
Top Bottom