• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I must have one

Cool gun. got this from one of the webpages....

"The Burgess shotgun is little-known today, with its more commercially successful contemporary Winchester 1897 competitor being far more common. However, the Burgess really was one of the first of the truly combat-oriented shotguns. In addition to being concealable and compact, it was capable of very rapid fire. Burgess’ exhibition shooters would regularly perform feats such as breaking six clays thrown simultaneously, or firing rapidly enough to have all six empty hulls in the air simultaneously – feats which were simply not practical with the Spencer pump shotguns or the Winchester 1893. Even today, it remains a practical fighting shotgun (to the extent surviving examples can be found). Perhaps someone will decide to start manufacturing reproductions so we can all enjoy shooting them?"

Seems to fold at the chamber, not the stock.

So since its concealable would the ATF consider it an AOW?
Does not fire while folded, so not an NFA item. Maybe even MA legal.[grin]

folded-450x230.jpg

Gotta be a big pitfall with that thing, otherwise someone would still make one.

-Mike

Video:

[video=youtube_share;HXvmGtLYwKA]http://youtu.be/HXvmGtLYwKA[/video]

I love the story about Burgess strolling into the Oval office, pumping 6 blanks into the ceiling and TR being impressed.

I could see TR asking Burgess if he had any more blanks left so he could let off a few rounds into the ceiling himself.

Safe to assume that in NH something like this would need to be truly unloaded anytime you enter a motor vehicle?

Gotta be a big pitfall with that thing, otherwise someone would still make one.
I suspect the machining to make the folding action lockup reliable would be finicky even with modern equipment. From the video, the grip-pump action was patented in 1893 to work around a (now long since expired) patent for what we think of as the "standard" pump action.

Back
Top Bottom