I know this has to be illeagal in MA.....

I read that this morning too.
Was wondering about that.

He technically rebuilt a really old gun.. If he's a gunsmith he might be ok.

Dunno really.

as long as you pay attention to the AWB and keep it legal then yes it is legal in mass as it is not named in the AWB. (no pistol grip so it is under the threshold of evil features, (no pistol grip no flash hider, no bayonet lug) Sten is not named.

Just make sure to build it closed bolt, free-floating firing pin, or you'll have a hole 'nother prison system to worry about.

doable, these are not hard to build, 80% tubes are out there as are semi groups, kits were pretty cheap too.

with FA straight rifling, you may even build it with a shorter barrel, I'm sure accuracy won't be reduced by much if at all.

doable, these are not hard to build, 80% tubes are out there as are semi groups, kits were pretty cheap too.

with FA straight rifling, you may even build it with a shorter barrel, I'm sure accuracy won't be reduced by much if at all.

You mean shorter than 16" non NFA? (semiauto of course, I can get an original barrel....) I was thinking the fake suppressor route to make the 16" barrel look ok....

You mean shorter than 16" non NFA? (semiauto of course, I can get an original barrel....) I was thinking the fake suppressor route to make the 16" barrel look ok....

I think that full length Sten is 30", like a lot sub guns, barrel length is 7.7 so even gay rifled, it probably doesn't shoot well. The straight rifling, you should be able to do 7.7" barrel since oal > 26, so it's not a pistol. I am hoping that more people get excited about subguns and straight rifling, granted that no one is making barrels yet, it would be a kick ass project and having a subgun looking like an original and shooting without stamps, that's pretty cool. Lots of WWII subguns that want to be built with shorter barrels.

I am hoping that more people get excited about subguns and straight rifling, granted that no one is making barrels yet, it would be a kick ass project and having a subgun looking like an original and shooting without stamps, that's pretty cool. Lots of WWII subguns that want to be built with shorter barrels.

Wow. I thought the straight rifling thing is the most pointless idea I've heard in a long time, but you've really nailed it here. I still can't see why anyone would want an AR with straight rifling, when they could have an AR pistol that shoots great. But lots of people are going to want WWII subguns that look right and feel right, and I'm one of them. I don't think mediocre accuracy will be a deal breaker for the fun factor of those platforms.

Wow. I thought the straight rifling thing is the most pointless idea I've heard in a long time, but you've really nailed it here. I still can't see why anyone would want an AR with straight rifling, when they could have an AR pistol that shoots great. But lots of people are going to want WWII subguns that look right and feel right, and I'm one of them. I don't think mediocre accuracy will be a deal breaker for the fun factor of those platforms.

exactly, no one is going to qualify with a subgun on 200y range, and no one actually knows what accuracy detrement is for length of barrel on 9mm either. But now you can get PPSh41, PPS43, Stens, Suomi, Uzis in the short barrel. That's pretty awesome, too funny is that most of these subgun kits are less than $200 stamp too.

mJjHxg1.jpg

Guess this means I am committed........
Can't have mags without something to put them in now can I.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom