I just received a letter from The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. FYI

Hmmm..I think it is a very clever ploy to reduce the number of Non-Res licenses under the guise of making it more convenient. In a theoretical sense, maybe it is...but expecting people to travel hundreds if not thousands of miles, will only make it harder for a lot of folks. But...when people complain, the argument will be: "no more fingerprints, or filling out apps through the mail, or getting photos, we have made it easier for you." Very clever, very clever...

Mark056

While I don't know how "clever" it is, ...because I see it as a transparent attempt to frustrate potential applicants; I do appreciate the remainder of your thoughts.

As in .."heck, we're doing you a favor". I can only guess at the state of that office in Chelsea. If it reflects the DMV that I went to renew my driver's license when I lived in Roxbury ...oofah.

A MA friend recently related a story about ordering a leather belt from a popular online vendor. He got the "sorry sir" letter. HE was denied sale because they would not ship a "cartridge belt" to MA. The word "cartridge" was enough to scare the vendor away. He had been turned down for plastic wads the day before. More understandable ...but still ridiculous.

In NH it's less of a hassle to get a possessor license for explosives!

Back
Top Bottom