• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I just received a letter from The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. FYI

I agree, this is about PDs not wanting to deal with it. The PDs like the control, but in the end they want nothing to do with this crap. Pushing this to Chelsea allows them to not have to deal with it retain the control.

This doesn't make any sense. The procedure will not change for existing PD issued licenses. PD licenses in MA are only for local residents and business owners. That isn't
changing. Thus, the PDs (at least in MA) aren't doing any more or less work then they were doing before processing resident licenses.

-Mike

This doesn't make any sense. The procedure will not change for existing PD issued licenses. PD licenses in MA are only for local residents and business owners. That isn't
changing. Thus, the PDs (at least in MA) aren't doing any more or less work then they were doing before processing resident licenses.

-Mike

The State Police is a PD of sorts. I was speaking more generally about the prevailing attitudes.

This change to the NR LTC is especially frustrating knowing that the old paper LTC is still in existence and being issued, as not all towns in the PRofMA issue through MIRCS. Typically, lack of an internet connection that wasn't dial-up at the time of the conversion was the problem.

The letter is about new or renewal for Non-resindent only. I don't know about residents conditions at all.

Thanks,

Ish.

Yes it does. From now on looks like you will have to do everything by the new rules. Sorry about that, it is a shame but no much that we can do about it.

Ish.

I am fairly sure in CT you do not have not come here to get a permit...I gave up on getting a NR mass license to carry...not worth it...if i do decide someday to I just want to know if they are going to grill the crap out of me if i go there? I don't have a direct threat to my life...but my girlfriend lives there...in springfield..which i am sure is not a good reason for them...

This sounds a little like Nevada's program for non-resident CCW applicants. One must appear in person for training and a visit to the county police department to submit an application and be photographed.

There's an easy way around that. Get a Florida non-res. through the mail, it's recognized in Nevada. [grin]

Ish,

if you do decide to follow through I would take the commuter rail, it stops a block away from the state building that way you don't have to worry about parking. There is a visitor lot, but sometimes it is pretty full if there is training or whatnot at the building. They have street cleaning on different days for different streets(basically a way to screw you out of $15 for a parking ticket)

This change would be a huge P.I.T.A, best of luck.

Thank you for the tip 11 fingers. I only give in life a try to things if I think is worthy, so for once I will give a try to the MA Non-resident License. I travel all over the Nation so I will get all the licenses for all the States that gives one, but obviously I will not pay near $1,000 for a License. I just will try to get it while I am on such state.

Thank you for the info,

Ish.

Anyone go through the visit Chelsea process yet? I hate interviews, especially when you have no clue what the person will be like.

What types of questions do you get asked in your MA resident license interviews if you get them?

Anyone go through the visit Chelsea process yet? I hate interviews, especially when you have no clue what the person will be like.

What types of questions do you get asked in your MA resident license interviews if you get them?

I'm sure the interview is part of the plan to reduce future licenses.

There'll be an unrecorded interview in which you could say just about anything (in the discretion of the interviewer) that you're not 'suitable' to receive a license.

Get ready folks, this is the way the government is moving....any and all means necessary to reduce/eliminate gun ownership and carry without having to tackle the 2nd Amendment head on, and in public. Oh,...and the NRA and groups like GOAL can do little more than voice their displeasure.

The Constitution is no longer in play and we have 'one party rule' committed to disarming you at every possible turn.

PS: For anyone driving to Chelsea, the odds are pretty good that your car will be stolen while you're being interviewed.

Last edited:
So, if you want to come up here to shoot, you have to fly up here, get a permit, fly home, and then get your guns? It would almost make more sense to have your appointment right when you get here and then have your guns shipped up.

George, not so fast. That appointment does NOT mean you walk out of the Chelsea location with a LTC in hand. I'm sure that the wait post-interview will be 6-12 weeks before the person receives their LTC in the Mail.

I'm sure the interview is part of the plan to reduce future licenses.

PS: For anyone driving to Chelsea, the odds are pretty good that your car will be stolen while you're being interviewed.

I don't think that you should say such! Apparently 11 fingers knows how to work the system. Isn't anyone else concerned such as I am regarding his high degree of familarity with the parking lot and streets within Chelsea?

George, not so fast. That appointment does NOT mean you walk out of the Chelsea location with a LTC in hand. I'm sure that the wait post-interview will be 6-12 weeks before the person receives their LTC in the Mail.

Do you think it would be possible to apply in Chelsea before moving out of the state, so that one could carry when they returned? Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

MA NR LTC

I had heard this was implemented back in June.

I sent in my renewal on July 6th, expecting to get the run around.

I received my new LTC today. That's only 19 days.

[shocked]

I had heard this was implemented back in June.

I sent in my renewal on July 6th, expecting to get the run around.

I received my new LTC today. That's only 19 days.

[shocked]

Congrast.

I will be traveling up to MA pretty soon and I will stop by to ask them. I will let you know. I hope is something good [wink]

Ish.

It is amazing, so not only I will spend the $100 for 1year LTC license, now I will have to spend another $500 -$700 between the fligh, car rental, etc for the apointment. Nice!!!

Ish.

Send them an invoice in advance. Or ask the FRB for a Purchase Order number so they can pay for the "processing fee". [rolleyes]

I sent mine in after the deadline of June 1st, and got mine on July 7th or so. Maybe MA wants a last surge of NR LTC money before slamming the doors shut on anyone who doesnt live in a border state.

Perhaps they have received complaints and rethought the process of having people make a personal appearance once a year. It wouldn't be so bad if the non-res LTC was good for 4 or 5 years, but to go to Chelsea once a year is nuts. Not that I'd expect MA to use any logic or reasoning, but one in a while you get surprised.

Do you think it would be possible to apply in Chelsea before moving out of the state, so that one could carry when they returned? Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

I heard that you can have dou state residence. The good thing about it, it will be the License and buying weapons in both states, the bad thing about it, it will be paying taxes on both states [sad2]

After the interview, looks like your license will arrive within 40 days.

Ish.

Back
Top Bottom