I just joined the NRA

Doobie, considering the status quo political environment, I don't think we need worry about the reasonable restrictions snafu.

Suffice to say, there's always JPFO or GOA. Those guys are pretty cut-throat.

Not if they continue to agree to allow "reasonable restrictions."

Until you can come up with someone who has had more real impact on the issue, in as many ways as the NRA has, not just huffs and puffs, I'll stand by my statement.

Doobie, considering the status quo political environment, I don't think we need worry about the reasonable restrictions snafu.

Suffice to say, there's always JPFO or GOA. Those guys are pretty cut-throat.

All three if you can afford it! I know that's tough for some people, but if you can, you should.

Fprice is right. Unless you know of a more powerful, Washington savvy, group, the NRA is the way to go. It's easy to complain about the NRA, but no one ever comes up with a better altenative

Congratulations. I'm a recovering, poor graduate student so I decided to do the EPL program.

Congratulations. I did the same thing when I was a grad student >30 years ago. Of course the life membership was $150 then and annual membership was $15.

Doobie please explain your statement

Doobie,

I am not sure what you mean by the term "reasonable restrictions". I am guessing you are referring to the Heller case but I could be wrong.

First and foremost the NRA never wanted the case brought to trial and tried to block it thru legislation. Their biggest fear is what ended up happening. While it was a win of sorts meaning individual right the antis have and will use the resonable restrictions clause to pass very restrictive laws.

The NRA is the only group in town that has the power to change legislation. The problem is we are our own worst enemy. GOA is out there for the "extremists" but could someone tell me one thing positive or any legislation they have changed. We need to be a united front but with so many groups in essence trying to accomplish the same thing we are fragmented. Look at the other side they work together and have unbelievable financial resources.

Now is the time to join the NRA take a look at the AG that our new Chariman appointed.

I think I mentioned it previously, but not wanting to berate people for using the search function to look for something they had no idea was there, I'll repeat myself. If you use the link in my signature to join the NRA, I get a $10 commission, half of which I send to GOAL, and the other half of which goes to the Westford Sportsmen's Club Scholarship Fund.

Ken

Doobie,

I am not sure what you mean by the term "reasonable restrictions". I am guessing you are referring to the Heller case but I could be wrong.

First and foremost the NRA never wanted the case brought to trial and tried to block it thru legislation. Their biggest fear is what ended up happening. While it was a win of sorts meaning individual right the antis have and will use the resonable restrictions clause to pass very restrictive laws.

The NRA is the only group in town that has the power to change legislation. The problem is we are our own worst enemy. GOA is out there for the "extremists" but could someone tell me one thing positive or any legislation they have changed. We need to be a united front but with so many groups in essence trying to accomplish the same thing we are fragmented. Look at the other side they work together and have unbelievable financial resources.

Now is the time to join the NRA take a look at the AG that our new Chariman appointed.

What I mean for "reasonable restrictions" are any laws that are feel good measures that don't do anything but make non-gun people feel better while restricting rights of "gun people."

I mean all gun control laws, GCA, NFA, and the F/E in BATFE.

Gun laws/control are an infringement on our rights.

If they tried to put the same kind of "reasonable restrictions" and control on the first amendment, people would be up in the air.

I guess I'm one of those "extremists." I'll give GOA and JPFO $1000+ a year. NRA can have my $25.

Back
Top Bottom